U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 6:30 PM

Closed

Router update scam ongoing

So it’s been a year or two but I just recieved a call claiming to be from Comcast Xfinity  from [Edited: "Personal Information"] saying my router failed to update and wanting to know if I made any changes.   So I won’t get into where I work but this is a scam trying to get you to confirm information that they have obtained.  What is the most concerning though is that Comcast still hasn’t admitted that they were hacked (data breach). a little over 4 years ago and lost customers information.  While the info they lost may seem of little value to them it is extremely valuable as it can be used to make calls like this so that they can confirm other information they have aggregated about you that can allow for identity theft.  

When is Comcast going to admit they had a breach publicly?   

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

8 months ago

Hi, @user_j5jfe1! We appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Customer Security Assurance expert to help get this resolved. This team makes sure you have a safe online experience! These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud, and other security issues. Their hours of operation are 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week at 1-888-565-4329. Please let us know if this helps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here