U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 4:05 PM

robot chromebook browser

Persistent problem:

We want to make sure it is actually you we are dealing with and not a robot.

Why is this verification required? Something about your browser’s behavior has caught our attention.

There are various possible explanations for this:

•  You are browsing and clicking at a speed much faster than expected of a human being.
  •  Something is preventing JavaScript from working on your computer.
  •  There is a robot on the same network [Edit: Personal information] as you.

Having problems accessing the site? Submit feedback.

ID: [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

3 months ago

@XfinityThomasB wrote: "... your web browser is essentially double-checking with you ..."

Browsers don't ask you to verify you are not a robot, web sites do. This "double-checking" is being down by the sites, not by the browser. The browser is simply displaying the verification request messages the sites sent to it.

Comcast can't "fix" this for you. The three items listed in your OP are the most likely reasons for the verification requests. It's up to you to check them out.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

6 Messages

Ok, I understand now. Very helpful. Thanks.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

6 Messages

Thank you for your prompt response.

6 Messages

I got great help and the problem was resolved.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

@user_6pcfqm​ 

If you know, would you please share with the community at large what the solution was ? Thank you !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_6pcfqm

Thank you for reaching out! Can you provide some details where you are running into the error? Is this with any website you access on the Chromebook? 

6 Messages

Happens consistently on https://athlonsports.com/.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Gotcha! Thank you for the specific example user_6pcfqm. I am pretty savvy with these style browser hiccups. This website Athlon Sports does appear to be asking for a pretty broad array of plugins that gather data from your browsing usage. I included a great snippet from the Athlon Sports webpage in the tech disclosures. 

Athlon Sports Disclosure on website:

"We use cookies and pixels for better site functionality and experience. Learn more by visiting our Privacy Policy. Opt-out of sale or sharing here – Do Not Sell or Share My Info. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies and pixels and to the Terms and Privacy Policy. "

So your web browser is essentially double-checking with you that you are aware the webpage is gathering more information than designated to provide through your user preferences on the computer. These are fail safes to ensure you are protected on the internet, most of these webpages generate revenue from ads. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Well, it's annoying. Anything I can do to avoid this happening?

Also just now happened on https://www.vwofsalem.com/.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_6pcfqm I personally advise keeping that extra layer of security. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide directions on how you would be able to circumvent that pop up. The browser is working normally, that is just a feature built into your web browser. Here is a great link that discusses the Chrome web browser security features and how to manage them. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here