U

Monday, September 30th, 2024 4:50 PM

Returning equipment

I've cancelled my service because I've moved to a different state. I've spoken with two representatives who insist they cannot email me a return label, and continue to direct me to request a return label for equipment after signing in. However, EVERY TIME I complete the process, I receive this message:

Sorry, This Isn’t Working Right Now

Your equipment details are unavailable at this time. Please check back later to see if you're eligible for a device update.

Just like many others here, I've tried on different browsers. I'm not sure why this wouldn't have been fixed yet as I'm seeing customers complain about this since before 2022. Please help!

MM

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

19 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

19 days ago

Hello @user_y0qjjl, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the equipment, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

When I click on the pencil and paper icon, it does not offer me an option or anything clickable to send a message.

MM

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Oh no user_y0qjjl, let us figure out why you're running into this on your end. When you click on the pencil and paper icon, to the right of that, a " To: " box should allow you to type in "Xfinity Support". 

To confirm, are you not seeing the " To: " box on your end? If not, do you happen to get any type of error when clicking on the pencil and paper icon? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Correct, no "To:" box and everything is grayed out.

MM

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_y0qjjl no need to worry we can take care of this right here. If you take your equipment into a nearby UPS or Xfinity Store the store will accept it and no need to have a label printed. 

Xfinity Retail Store
Visit us at any Xfinity Retail Store.

Find an Xfinity Retail Store location near you.
Visit xfinity.com/stores to make an appointment.
Drop off your equipment at the Xfinity Retail Store.
After you return your equipment, it'll be immediately removed from your account.
Our team at the Xfinity Retail Store will provide you with a receipt confirming your return details.

UPS Store
Stop by a UPS Store.

Visit theupsstore.com/tools/find-a-store to find a UPS Store near you.
You can package the equipment yourself using a cardboard box and the prepaid UPS shipping label you printed at home.
If you don’t have a cardboard box, you can bring your equipment to the store.
A UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us at no charge.
You can track the progress of your return at xfinity.com/returns or on UPS.com.
To find your tracking number:
Reference the tracking number on the return label to monitor your package.
Reference the tracking number on your physical receipt if a UPS Store representative packaged the equipment for you.
Please allow up to two weeks for the return to process and your account to reflect these changes.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

That's what I've been trying to do is print the pre-paid UPS label. The xfinity website gives me the message I posted in my original post. The UPS store said it cannot take the equipment without a label. I called Xfinity on the phone and they gave me the same link to the website that still didn't work. They also transferred me to a line to make my final payment of $6.42 and it wasn't accepted. So basically, I'm holding equipment and a payment and I'm being blocked by Xfinity to give them to you.

MM

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here