R

Friday, March 15th, 2024 9:19 PM

Closed

Requests to Return non-Comcast Modem

I am receiving email, text and call requests to return a modem that I did not lease from Comcast. I have never leased any equipment from Comcast, and would like to stop receiving these communications.

I have already spoken to customer service twice and they have confirmed that I do in fact own the modem I am being asked to return, but the emails, texts and calls have not stopped.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

7 months ago

Good afternoon, @rogerb1! You are at the right place for help with the unreturned equipment notices. I apologize that has not stopped after you reached out the first time and will get to the bottom of this. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

@rogerb1 - Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to help! We were able to successfully remove your owned modem from the account, which should prevent further notifications about returning equipment. As I mentioned via Direct Message, please feel free to create a new post if any other questions or concerns come up, and our Digital Care Team will be here to help however we can!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here