U

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 4:35 PM

Closed

Request support for pausibg my laptop

From 3 days ago my laptop paused by xfinity, I did everything, turn on off modem , plug in out , install uninstall the app, finally i went to an xfinity shop that i bought my service and they gave me a new modem , but nothing works.. i am an online student and i will have a midterm tomorrow , i need to have internet on my laptop . Please help me as soon as possible. Otherwisr i have to cancel my contract.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

@user_w489ql

To control the devices connected to your network use the awesome xfinity app https://www.xfinity.com/apps to pause & un pause devices, you can also forget the device which will un pause it as well

3 Messages

In my app, it shows that my laptop is un pause and works but it is not connect to the internet and i receive a message " action is needed". 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_w489ql 

To be clear on the app when you click Wi-Fi, then trouble shoot, it checks for services interruptions, is the app  showing a outage in your area on the app 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

@user_w489ql  

Ok it doesn’t sound like your device is paused and there is some other issue, have you tried trouble shooting via the app to see if the issue an be resolved remotely?

3 Messages

Yes I did, but it didn't work. It said thay there are some issuse in you network but couldn't able yo solve it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here