U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 12th, 2022 6:44 AM

Closed

Replace Modem

Hello!  I have been having a lot of intermittent connectivity issues with various devices all dropping at different times. It's a pretty old Comcast modem.  What is the process to try and replace this at one of the Xfinity stores? Do I need to contact support first, or can I bring it in somewhere? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_cbf4d2! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for support!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having this intermittent issue with your network connections.

You can either visit your nearest service center with your old gateway and they can replace it for you there, or you are more than welcome to send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address, and we can have a new box shipped out to you. 

If you are still having troubles with your connection after replacing the gateway, you can send us a Direct Message at that point too and we can take a closer look so we can make sure to get you back to a stable connection. 

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityTambrey​ I am having the same issue with mine.  Intermittent outages multiple times each day on all devices.  I don't see the chat icon or bell, can you please help?  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_f928bf, thanks for reaching out for help with your connection concerns. Due to the age of this thread, if you are having trouble with your services I recommend making a new post and going into as much detail as you can about your connection issues.

Our entire community is available to you at all times to ensure you get the help you need, and we look forward to assisting you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Should replace my Modem? 

During playback it sometimes freezes the picture and makes a loud, rapid sound  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_3a9a1c, thank you so much much reaching out to us about your issues you are having with your video service. For future reference, we would want you to create your new post. I am happy to look at your service issues you are having.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here