U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 1:24 PM

Repeated daily outages in south Houston, TX. 8th day running.

Good morning;

I have been experiencing daily, hours-long Xfinity service outages in the south-central Houston, TX (near Astrodome/Med Center) area. I have called about most of these outages and received estimates on restoration, and usually it is restored and works fine for a short while, but just goes down again within several hours. Every time. The outage map clearly reflects widespread outages and has all week. Unfortunately, when I call, Xfinity support seems intent on treating each outage as an isolated customer issue, rather than the localized service disruption it very clearly is. My equipment is fine and works properly when there is service provided to my address.

How do I get Xfinity support to take this seriously and actually address their local service problems that have been affecting me (an apparently thousands of others) all week long? This is costing me significant amounts of money now, but unfortunately, I have no choice but to use Xfinity for residential internet. (Cue CSR script, "I work from home as well, so I understand how frustrating this is for you...")

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

1 m ago

Hi there @user_8d8aee! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Forums Platform. I know this must be extremely frustrating to deal with. As someone who also experiences alot of service interruptions with another internet provided, I know how inconvenient it is. I actually just experienced it this morning ironically. 

We always want you to feel like you are being heard and I apologize if we have dropped the ball on that. We know service interruptions are not fun, there may be something we need to look into further and I would need to access your account to review. Can you please send us a direct message? 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinitySelena Thanks, but I have called numerous times and the CSRs have already "looked into something further." They have acknowledged local service outages; they're on your map, and I've been reporting this every day for a week. The question I'm asking is when my Xfinity service will be reliable again, ie.. when I can expect to have working internet for more than a few hours every day. Unfortunately, this is typical of the response I've received -- an assumption that the issue is on my end, and that simply restoring each individual daily outage is an actual resolution. Again I ask, when are these repeated daily outages affecting me in south Houston TX going to stop? This is an Xfinity service issue. You've "scanned my equipment" 10 times this week and it's fine. It was all working fine until these outages started 8-9 days ago. I need a CSR to get off the script for once and accept that there are bigger local network issues that engineers need to address on your end.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

246 Messages

I know you are stressed out, I can relate honestly. On my end, I can take a look at what I see in your area by accessing your account. Unfortunately, I do not have the same tools that our technicians possess to be able to pinpoint the exact issue, however, we can get a technician to your home to further assess the area and determine if a maintenance order needs to be submitted if one hasn't been already. 

I am sorry this may come across as scripted, I, myself can relate to your issues and only want to see if we can shed some light on this. If you would like to proceed, please send us a direct message. I appreciate you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here