flagshipone's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 4:00 AM

Remove the TV .... Keep the Internet

I need to change my account and cannot seem to find the right place online. I need to remove / cancel the TV portion of my services and return the DVR. At the smae time I wish to keep the Internet portion of my services. 

This will effectively remove the following charges from my bill:

DVR Equipment Fee
Broadcast TV Fee

I am currently  under a 24-month contract that began in January 2019 and will complete in January 2021.  Under normal circumstances I would be liable to a penalty charge for Early Termination Fee wherein if I were to disconnect my Xfinity TV during
the term of this Agreement. The amount of the early termination fee declines each month of
the Agreement. The fee starts at $230.00 beginning the month after the 30-day cancellation
period and decreases by $10.00 in each subsequent month. This would place my Early Termination Fee at around $30 by my estimate.

My contract also states that if i were to cancel my Services because I moved  my residence to a location within a Comcast serviceable area and you reconnect to Xfinity (which I recently did) within 90 days of my Service disconnection at your current address (August 19th) , the amount of the early termination fee will be waived or credited. 

This I would like to do:

Terminate the Xfinity TV portion of my contract but keep the Internet

Waive the Early Termination Fee

Setup a At-Home Pickup for the equipment (DVR and such)

Responses

ComcastMorgan

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

7 m ago

Hi, flagshipone. Thank you for the detailed post. I can help with this. Please send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

I will respond from there. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here