Saturday, November 11th, 2023 5:57 PM

Closed

Remove personal email and mobile phone from an account ?

I have 2 comcast email accounts.  I added a personal email and my mobile phone to one of the accounts to use for 2-step verification.  When I went to do the same on the other email account, I discovered that the system will not allow me to add the same email and mobile phone to the second account.  The second account is more critical in my eyes, as it is the one that I now use for most financial matters.  Therefore, I need to remove the personal email and mobile phone from the first account so that I can add it to the second account.  However, there does not appear to be any such option on any of the web pages.  Is this possible to do myself or will I need to call Xfinity?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

@2steppin We would recommend trying these steps if you need to designate a different email address for 2-Step Verification:

You can change or remove the mobile phone number and email address associated with Two-Step Verification at any time by following the steps below:

1.Sign in to My Account with your Xfinity ID, password and verification code.
2. Select the Users tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.
3. Select a user to update and select Edit next to that user.
4. Navigate to Contact Information and select Edit next to phone number or email field.

Note: Removing your email address or mobile phone number will automatically turn off Two-Step Verification, as we will no longer have a way to contact you to receive the verification code. If you change your email address or mobile phone number, don't forget to turn Two-Step Verification back on in the Settings section of My Account.

If that doesn't get it done, you will need to contact our Customer Security Assurance Team to have it changed. If needed, you can reach them at (888)565-4329.

2 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ - It will allow me to change the email address and mobile phone number, but will not allow me to completely remove it.   

I would not need to remove it if the system would allow me to use the same personal email address and the same mobile phone number on two Xfinity email accounts.

I'll contact the Customer Security Assurance Team.  

Thanks

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

10 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

@2steppin Great! If you still need any assistance after you speak with them, please let us know.

1 Message

9 months ago

How do I remove the need for a personal email and personal phone number from my account?  Not change them, but remove them completely?

I want to use my password and that is all.  No 2FA, no text messages to a phone or verification emails.  We were fine for 10+ years with zero issues and then the wife had to do something online and rather than bypass this ridiculousness, she input a phone number and private email and now it is an annoyance whenever I log into my account.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_p1ctr8 Thanks for visiting our XFINIT forums page for help with updating your account preferences by removing the personal email and phone number. I definitely understand how important it is to be able to log in to the account seamlessly. We can help. Here is a great link to more details on how to update your account contact information and preferences. Please let me know if this helps. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-account-preferences We provide a great digital option online so you can make changes anytime. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here