ichawla's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 7:00 PM

Regarding Xfinity early termination fees.

Hello Dear Members,

I am here to share one of my BAD experience with Xfinity agents and wanted to opt your valuable suggestioin if anyone faced similar situation.

I am an Xfinity customer since 2019 but back in Sept 2020 I discontinued Xfinity service because of low internet speed (as it was really hampering my official work)  . The speed that xfinity was claiming was 100 mbps but actually I was getting just 20mbps. So I decided to move to another internet provider but on Nov 11th I got a mail from a debt collection department stating that I have to pay $79.34 to Xfinity (which was for early termination fee).

I contacted xfinity regarding this and they suggested me that if I come back to xfiinity within 90 days then they can waive off this amount. They also offered me internet service with higher speed of 200 Mbps on same price i.e. $39.99 which I accepted  & decided to resume xfinity service from Dec onwards.  They also charged me $25 for monthly automatic payment. They also generated a NEW account number for this service.

Just 3 days back I got a call from 3rd Party Debt Collection department asking for the due amount which I thought it would have been waived off as told by the agent. I approached 4-5 different xfinity agent and all have their own thoughts. Some says since $79.34 is associated with OLD account we can not waive off this amount. Some says this amount will be adjusted with NEW account in some days but not sure when.

Meanwhile Debt Collection deptartment is asking me share some sort of written confirmation from Xfinity that they really waived off this amount.Now I am in trouble what should I do withthis amount as I have reply the dept collection by Dec 8th.

Kindly suggest.

Responses

ComcastAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 m ago

Hello @ichawla, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. We're so happy to have you back on as a customer with us but I do apologize it has not been a seamless process thus far. I definitely want to assist you with further looking into the balance on the old account and getting everything figured out. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message".

New to the Community?

Start Here