6961343's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, December 15th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Recent notice of manditory paperless billing

Today I got an email from Comcast telling me that starting in Febrary I will no longer be getting paper bills. I want paper bills and DO NOT want paperless. I understand that this saves Comcast money and eliminates several jobs and other efficiencies for them. So I see the attraction for them. But for me there are no upsides. I still do antiquated things like balance my checkbook.

Will I be able to cancel my comcast contract with no penalties due to this unacceptable change in my service?

How can I continue to receive a paper bill?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@6961343 

We continue to enhance the billing experience to make it easier for customers to access and stay informed about billing information through digital options like My Account

Moving our existing customers to Paperless Billing provides a more standardized experience to our customers and supports our efforts to provide customers a better, digital billing experience. 

• Affected customers will begin receiving Paperless Billing starting Feb. 10-15, 2021.
  • Customers don’t have to do anything to enroll. We will automatically change this setting on their account.
  • After Feb. 15, customers can turn off Paperless Billing in My Account if they’d like to receive paper bills again.

Benefits of Paperless Billing

• It can save you money:  Save $10/month with both Paperless Billing and automatic payments. 
  • It's hassle-free: You'll receive your monthly bill by email, and you can sign up to get a reminder when your bill is ready to view online and when your payment due date is approaching.
  • It's convenient: You can view your full monthly bill anytime, on any device, and pay easily with My Account. You'll be able to access all your bills from the last 24 months.
  • It's green: Reduce clutter, save stamps and help the environment.
  • It's secure: You'll access your secure billing and account information by logging into My Account. 

How will I get my bill?

We’ll send you a reminder email each month letting you know your bill is now available. This message will show you the amount due and the due date, along with a link to My Account so you can see billing details. You can also sign up for text reminders in your My Account settings.

What if I don’t see the email you sent me about my bill?

We’ll send the email to the email address you used to set up your Xfinity ID. You’ll also be able to view billing information through the Xfinity app, online at My Account, with the Xfinity My Account app or on your X1 device.

Why are you auto-enrolling me in Paperless Billing? 

We understand that billing changes can be uncomfortable and will be sure to explain this change, so you know what to expect. We’re continuing our efforts to give customers digital options, and most customers enjoy the added convenience of Paperless Billing. Starting Feb. 10-15, 2021, you’ll stop receiving a paper bill when we move you to Paperless Billing. However, you’ll still be able to view and pay your bill anywhere using My Account, and we’ll send you an email when your bill is ready so you can review it before it’s due.

Does this affect my payment method?

No. If you’re already in enrolled in automatic payments, we will still charge your preferred payment method on your due date. If you haven’t set up automatic payments, you’ll still be able to pay your bill just like you do today: online, over the phone, in person or by mail.

Having a paper bill is important to me – no exceptions.

I understand your concern about having a paper bill. If you’d like to go back to a paper bill in the future, the option will be available. It’s easy to turn off Paperless Billing using the Xfinity My Account app or on your X1 device. 

I want to opt out of this change now, and not in February.

I hear your concern about waiting to opt out. We will send you additional reminders as we get closer to Feb. 15, 2021, so that you stay informed about this change. If you’d still like to go back to a paper bill in February, you can easily change your preferences using My Account or on your X1 device. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m a very good person! I just have a limited income and I’m scared of your company! I’m scared I’m going to get into something and it’s going to cost too much and I won’t be able to pay the bill! That’s why I need to know what I’m paying every month. Again I am not good on the Internet at all it took three hours this morning to try to negotiate a price and the person I was talking to pass me on to someone else!

and they couldn’t help me either!

sincerely,

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

I am at work right now pushing a vacuum cleaner, pushing a broom and a mop that’s how I make my living!

if I was smarter than that I wouldn’t be doing this!

(edited)

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

I know how important it is to look into options that meet your needs and your budget, but I can definitely discuss options with you further. Please do me a favor and delete your personal information from this post. Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast switched us to paperless without our knowledge , no follow up statements to remind us to pay and so we did not pay since January. I spent three and a half hours troubleshooting my interned problem only to get a message on my computer saying account past due and your internet is turned off. Pay your Bill online. Sure how do I do that with no internet?  I spoke with a friend and she had the same problem. Paperless and No emails of statements or balance due. I checked for past statementswhen the service went on. Unbelievable poor poor customer service. Unfortunately we are stuck with Comcast as the town I live in has a contract with them. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hey there, @user_4d2862, thanks for reaching out through our Xfinity Forums platform! I definitely apologize for the customer experience you have had and we would love to turn this around for you! We would be happy to go over your billing details to ensure you have all of the best information regarding your bill. I recommend using the Xfinity My Account app as it is my favorite way to view all past billing statements and even make a payment on my account! Here is a link on how to get the app, https://comca.st/3tSul6w.

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. This will allow us to pull up your account and look further at your billing details to resolve any concerns you may have!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

When the rules change isn’t the contract void?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_348d88

No.  A notice was given about the change in your billing statement in December.  Do you read the notes in your statements or just look at how much you owe?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We recently quit email service for my father due his dementia.  He no longer knows how to work his computer.  So, of course, he got no paper bill, which we rely on, and now not only got charged a late fee, BUT HIS CABLE WAS SHUT OFF!!

Comncast, you SUCK!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We need your monopoly to be DONE and competition to your “service”. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_c9af3d Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am so sorry to hear about your father and the issues you have experienced with his services. I can't imagine the stress this is causing and I want to help in any way that I can. 

Please send a private message by clicking the Peer to Peer chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name, your fathers name and his address and I'll be happy to help. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here