shikujiru's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, May 11th, 2023 11:01 PM

Closed

Questions regarding X-Fi Gateway necessity for maintaining XFi Complete (data cap)

Hi,

So I've voluntarily taken X-Fi Complete for the unlimited data offered by the package and am currently using my own router and modem. I received an email today stating the below:

Activate an Xfinity Gateway tokeep your xFi Complete service

Call 1-800-xfinity to order an Xfinity Gateway – at no additional cost.

An Xfinity Gateway is included as part of your xFi Complete service; however, our records indicate that you do not have an active Xfinity Gateway on your account.To keep xFi Complete, including unlimited data, you must activate an Xfinity Gateway before June 6, 2023, per the terms and conditions of the plan. Check out our FAQ page for more information.

To order an Xfinity Gateway at no additional cost, call 1-800-xfinity.Once you receive your gateway, activate it with the Xfinity appby following the on-screen instructions.

If you choose not to activate an Xfinity Gateway by June 6, 2023, we will remove xFi Complete from your account and you will be subject to the 1.2 TB data threshold that is included with your internet plan.If xFi Complete is removed from your account and you wish to add unlimited data without an Xfinity Gateway, we’re offering our unlimited data option at $25/mo for 12 months. Call 1-800-xfinity by June 6, 2023, to take advantage of this offer.
It sounds like they're saying I have to use xfinity hardware to continue receiving this benefit, I have to amend my plan down with a separate unlimited data plan. I don't like calling phone numbers to handle this kind of stuff because it's no longer 1995. Is there any way to handle this online or in person at an xfinity store?

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

1 year ago

Good evening @shikujiru. I hope you are doing well and having a great night. Thank you for sharing the email you received. We would be happy to review your account and see what options we have. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take care of you. 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
  • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
  • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here