topherchris's profile

Contributor

• 

97 Messages

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 1:34 PM

Closed

questions about returning equipment

hi ... i need to return my xfinity cable tv box, the xfinity remote control, and my xfinity router/modem ... i believe that's all the xfinity equipment i rent ... i don't have a printer to print out a label ... can i just return these 3 items to any ups store and will they box stuff up for free and know where to mail the equipment ?? also, is the only cable that needs to be returned the power cable that powers the TV cable box and the modem ? i believe i provided all the other cables (like the ethernet cables) ... and is there a form UPS fills out ? how does comcast know i'm returning the equipment ...?? can they figure this out from the serial numbers ? thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... i need to return my xfinity cable tv box ... remote ... router/modem ...

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment. Yes, UPS will take care of packaging and returning the equipment, no charge. Be sure to get a receipt that lists the serial numbers of the equipment you are returning, which, as you said, is how Comcast knows who the equipment came from. They would want you to return cable boxes and modem/router devices and their power cords. You don't need to return Ethernet or coax cables, or remote controls, or amplifiers.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

97 Messages

@BruceW​ thanks bruce ... this is real helpful ... i do have a remote control for my TV which i got from xfinity and it says xfinity on the remote ... do i need to return that ?? you said no need to return remote controls ... there is a number inside the battery case of the remote control ... am not sure if that's a serial number or a part number ... thanks so much

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

That is correct! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

97 Messages

@BruceW​ thanks bruce !

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@topherchris Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for clarity on your equipment return. I'm happy to go over what is needed, and the smoothest way to go about getting your equipment back to us. 

You can go to any UPS store, as long as it's a UPS corporate store, and not a mailing station that is a broker of multiple shipping options. They will box up and ship the equipment back to us at no additional charge to you. They will have you fill out a form once you get there, and we will be able to track the return with the serial number to your TV box and modem. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions I can answer for you. 

Contributor

• 

97 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ thanks kassie ... there's no need for me to return the xfinity remote control for the TV ?? and no need to return ethernet cables etc ... just power cords, tv cable box, and modem/router ... right ??

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@topherchris you can recycle the ethernet cords and remotes, or just throw them away! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

10 months ago

I have not used my cable box for a long time and have misplaced the power cord. Will I be charged for the cord? 

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_hi1hgw thank you for using the Xfinity Community Forums, if you are unable to locate the power cord for your box no worries. The main priority is getting that video box returned to avoid and unreturned equipment charges. Here are some options you have to return your equipment.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here