K

Saturday, September 28th, 2024 3:07 AM

Question about the new Xfinity Gateway tower switch

I have a question. I would've tried to call to ask this, but I probably would just get hung up on. It's about this new Xfinity Gateway tower. I got the email to upgrade the tower and did all the links to get a new one sent. I have no problem sending the old one back and they even have an option to bring it back to my local Xfinity store, but according to the links, I have to schedule an appointment to bring the old tower back, which is news to me. When I've brought older cable boxes back in the past, I've never had to schedule an appointment just to bring them back. All you had to do was just go down to the Xfinity store, and they gave you a new one, no questions asked, no problems. I had problems with my cable box a few months ago and they said to just bring it back to the store, but they didn't say anything about making an appointment to return the box. Is this a new policy? Is it absolutely mandatory you have to make an appointment to bring the old tower back, or can you just bring it down anytime? I'd rather do it at my convenience. I would like to bring my old cable box down, but I'm not sure if I have to make an appointment now to do that. Please let me know if someone from Xfinity can help me. Thanks. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

21 days ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related............ Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

21 days ago

Hello, @kissfreak1975-. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, you're not required to schedule an appointment but we recommend it just to make the process faster and any potential wait time to a minimum.

16 Messages

Thank you for responding. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Sure thing, @kissfreak1975-. Thanks for being part of the Xfinity family and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. 😊

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

16 Messages

Well, I received the new Xfinity Gateway tower today. I tried to hook it up but I'm having problems. I figured it wouldn't be that hard, but I was wrong. I unhooked my old tower and put the cords in the new one, but no internet access or phone access. I turn on my computer and according to the screen, you have to have a smartphone to download the Xfinity app so it will work. I wasn't told I needed two phones just to hook up this new tower. Plus, the directions suck as usual. I only have a landline, so I can't afford a second phone. How am I supposed to hook this up? I obviously can't because I don't have a second line. I had to put up my old tower just to have internet and phone access. Could someone please help? Thanks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

kissfreak1975- No worries at all no need for a second phone. How are you making this post current on what kind of device? Our app is not exclusive to phones so you may still be able to use the app. Or you can call our 1-800-Xfinity number for help the automated system will try to help first before getting you to an agent. If you are not able to call to get help we can help you here but if you do not have a reliable connection that may be an issue.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

16 Messages

Thanks for responding. To be honest I hate calling the 800 number because it is like pulling teeth trying to get a live operator. The last couple of times I tried to call I got hung up on. Can the app be downloaded BEFORE you hook up the new Xfinity Gateway tower? It's just I only have a landline I don't have two phones. I tried hooking up the new tower but to do that I had to put the phone line in but didn't realize we needed to download the app. I tried hooking up the new tower but had no phone service until I downloaded the app. You see what I'm saying? Please let me know if you need any other information. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here