S

Friday, September 20th, 2024 9:57 AM

profession install fee?

Moved into a townhouse community with Xfinity contract built into our lease. pay $120 to Xfinity for internet as part of our monthly rent. I previously had Google Fiber in my pervious apt. $50 for a Gigabyte speeds, it worked for my remote position. it was great.

Family and I all work from home. My company VPN connection is not working the past week. speeds are terrible. upload is less than what was promised. only one coaxial port works in this rental. disconnects all over the place.
I am working on my phone's mobile hotspot because of Comcast/Xfinity can't properly work. all my co workers are on mobile hotspots too as their Xfinity internet is not working for them. my coworkers with CenturyLink and Google Fiber are fine though.
reached out to support for help. told a professional would be out to my location to diagnose the issue. told the fees would be waived. 
I get an email about a statement and see a fee on my bill for $100? my issue is not solved and I have to buy hotspot data to work because Xfinity is preventing me from remote work. 
I am stuck with Xfinity and have to no choice but to engage with you. $120 a month and I can't even work on my network/internet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

5 hours ago

Hello, @SINGER4852. I sincerely apologize you're having to buy a hotspot to work from home when your apartment is set up with our services. I would be more than happy to help find a solution to this internet service issue you're experiencing and see what I can do about this tech fee. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here