U

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 1:42 AM

Closed

Process for new construction

I have been trying to get my new house connected for over two months.   A serviceability assessment was performed and I was told service was readily available without construction, that it would only require a technician visit.   Then nothing.  The customer service call center can't help.  One operator told me my address needs to be entered into the billing system before they can help,  but my address can't get into the billing system unless someone helps me.   So I need help and I don't know where to turn.  Either customer service cannot provide service or I am looking in the wrong place within customer service.   This is quite frankly, quite ridiculous, the connection would be trivial.   Anyone have a contact within Comcast that handles service for a new addresses? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 months ago

Hey there @user_o3iqnz so sorry to hear about the frustrations with getting the new home connected. We'd absolutely love to assist with this new address serviceability request.  There are multiple factors that go into connecting a new home, so the process can take a while depending on what that looks like. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, so we can get started. 

3 Messages

Unfortunately this "solution" only points me to a customer service chat and the whole problem here is that the call center/chat customer service agents cannot deal with this issue.  I continue to be extremely frustrated.   The process was started, the survey completed, no obstacles identified,  and now no one seems to know what to do to move forward.   All agents are either clueless and go down the wrong path (e.g. placing an order at the neighbor's address or telling me a serviceability assessment is required even though that has already been done), or they completely blow me off and just say to wait.  I have been waiting for nearly 3 months - just for an answer.  If the answer was that it would take 3 months before a technician can make it out, while that would be disappointing, at least I would know what's going on.  Right now I am in the dark and no once seems to be able to help.   Beyond frustrating.

3 Messages

8 months ago

No update on this yet.  Xfinity customer service has been more of a hinderance than any help.  

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_o3iqnz​ 

Did you send that direct message as directed?  @XfinityAlfonso is a corporate employee and will be able to help you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_o3iqnz I understand it has been a few days since we last spoke, but we do have an update for you. Please look for a direct message from our team. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 months ago

The suspense is killing me, what happened next?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_l6pcxs, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page to see what happened next. Are you experiencing a similar issue with getting your location XFINITY service? If so, we can help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

what is the process of connecting Xfinity to a new construction home that is set up for xfinity

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here