J

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 7th, 2024 11:22 PM

problems trying to move my service

I'm moving to a new apartment, and I followed the links on the moving page to "Start my Move", which takes me to a page " we'd like to know a little more about your move" so I entered the info asked for(phone number, date, and new address". I click the purple "Keep Moving" button, and the icon spins like it's loading, but then nothing happens. I'm stuck. I went on the live chat, and they sent me the link for the moving page, which again, wouldn't work, and then said I should just make a new account and cancel my service. 

I don't want to cancel, I just want to transfer. Like I have done multiple times before. 

This apartment complex says they provide(sloooooow) Xfinity internet, and that all I have to do to keep my (much better) service is to transfer my account to the new address. 

I'm not sure why this is happening. I need to have internet on day one, since I have two people that work from home here, and an online college student that can't afford to have any time without access to internet. Please Help! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Same problem here. Would love to know how to go about it.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

ASMANUEL If you need help transferring your service as it's giving you problems online, we are happy to help! 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

That’s not an answer to fix the issue we are having online just saying. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_l8lhxd Hello there! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team, and bringing the issues to our attention. We appreciate the feedback so that we can work on resolving the issue. In the meantime, I'd be happy to assist you. Are you needing assistance with transferring your services? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

2 months ago

The link for "Start my Move" does not work for me either

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_2xrqb2 We're sorry to hear that link isn't working as intended. This alternate link should allow you to sign in, look up the new address, and start that transfer process. Can you give this a try? 

Xfinity Movers Center

6 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ Thank you for reaching out so quickly.  Unfortunately,  this link does not work either. Is there some other way I can work on setting up service at a new address? I will need to separate my email account from my parents anyway so if the requires a different process, I would like to know. 

6 Messages

Just to be clear, I mean that my current email address is registered under my parents account with comcast

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

OK, thank you for trying! So since, it's just the email that's attached to your parent's account, that can be moved over after the new service is established. When moving services, this is done under the primary account holder's name, otherwise, it's a new service setup. 

With that said, we'd love to help get these new services set up for you and submit to have the Xfinity ID transferred once the new account is in place. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

8 days ago

Some people don't have time to sit on a phone and would simply like the services offered to work. This going the way of crappy AT@&T double crappy service. Comcast/xFinity used to be 1000% better than AT&T but guess they have the same business model now. Disappointing to say the least, moving is already stressful they are just joining into the fray. I left AT&T because of the cust. service. Guess I need to have a chat with Elon.

1 Message

2 days ago

This online feature continues to not work. It just endlessly reloads a page at https://www.xfinity.com/buy/plan/offersFilter?upgrade=true .

I am currently an xfinity customer just trying to move from one xfinity address to another. It's pretty incredible this hasn't been fixed after 4 months.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback and for taking Xfinity with you into your new home. Our Digital Care Team can help, user_xov1z3! Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here