U

Friday, May 17th, 2024 6:26 PM

Problem with Comcast

Good Morning!

I will try to make this brief but it is difficult.

I noticed on my bill that a $13.00 service discount I had would be expiring on 5-13.

I called on 4-15 to see if there was a way to retain that savings or anything else available.

I finally got a person Yenique in Jamaica. She was polite and helpful and offered me the same package I currently have. It would  be $279.83 a month after a $10 credit for online billing.

I agreed to this. She specified more than once  NO change in TV stations or other services.

I checked online numerous times and did not see the new agreement showing. I called on May15th and spoke to Lauren in Manila. She was very apologetic, offered me a one time $40 discount and the same package I was given in April. That evening all of my premium channels disappeared. The package was obviously not the same although she also assured me that it was the same as my current plan.

There are many twists and turns in my story. Two times service visits were scheduled(not by me) that I had no use for and talked to at least a half a dozen people to cancel. Hopefully, they are cancelled.

Anyway, after communicating with at least 12 people on the phone, 4 or 5 on chat line and the Bot assistant, I am now paying $40 more for less stations as my "legacy" (2 yr old) plan could not be reinstated according to the supervisor. All to try to save $15 dollars. I am so disappointed in Xfinity. I asked if anyone could listen to the recordings of my phone calls. No one was authorized to do so, they said. I am not sure if the representatives lie or are just uninformed. Hopefully, there is someone out there in Xfinity land who can help me regain my previous plan. My sons are checking on Fios and streaming services for me to switch to. I have been with Comcast more than 30 years. It seems like they really don't care. Can anyone look into my situation and help? I shouldn't be penalized because of untrained or untruthful customer service reps.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_ofat2q. I am sorry to hear that you had a horrible customer experience when you reached out to our customer service in order to save money on your bill. Thank you so much for taking your time and reaching out to our Forums page. We value your time and we are happy to take a look at your account and see what we can do for you to resolve this issue. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here