A

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 20th, 2021 5:18 PM

Closed

Prepaid Internet

I bought the prepaid modem.  I tried activating it, it said successful but it wouldn't connect to the internet.  I called and got a tech here.  He said there wasn't a line hooked to my home.  I love in a townhouse apartment.  He found out in my neighborhood when Xfinity was laying lines they forgot my house.  He tried getting contractors here for over 2 months to actually dig and bury/lay a line.  Be said if there was a line I'd see it sticking up out of grass.  They must have finally come to lay the line I see the cables sticking out and I need a tech back here to hook it to my house so I can reactivate the prepaid internet service.  I've been using my phone's unlimited data (only internet I have ATM) and they throttle the [EDIT: Profanity] out of it because I use about 130-200 GB a month.

I tried the Xfinity prepaid cs number.  That's a joke.  It wouldn't let me talk to an agent.  I could before.

EDIT: Removed profanity.

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @Avallyon and thank you for joining us here in the Xfinity Forums. Our general scope of support is for post-paid residential customers here, but we can still help out to the best of our ability. Did you call the 1-855-757-7372 number to speak with a representative from the Prepaid team?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBrie

I tried calling the number and it won't let me.  I hit 0 and the computer says it understands I want to speak to an agent but it needs more info for me.  Since it's been about 3 months it says if you go w/o service for 3 months you need to reactivate it. 

It's getting stressful because what are the odds Xfinity does a neighborhood with 600+ houses and forgets one lol, happens to be mine.  It took so long to get whomever the contractor is they partner with in Maryland to lay the lines and do the digging and that finally got done after 3 months almost now I just need to get the tech to actually hook it to the box on my house so I can go from there. 

I doubt legally we are allowed to connect it ourselves.  But that number won't let me get a human or agent as they're called to schedule a tech to come out to hook me up 

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

How ironic, I also live in Maryland, @Avallyon. We were just looking at moving and one of the things I kept bringing up to my roommate was the new construction of homes and the wiring outside for them. A bit of Deja Vu. Ok, go ahead and send us a direct message with your name and the service address--we'll look into getting someone out to hook up the exterior linework.

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3EBhv2c
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I've been trying for over a week to refill one of the packages I have on my Xfinity Pre-paid account, unfortunately, the page will not open when I click "Refill My Account".  I've called the Prepaid customer Service number 4 times to no avail.  What the heck is going on and why does it seem that Xfinity simply doesn't care?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for reaching out @user_29cc0d. I am very sorry to hear about the headache you are going through. I am truly sorry to tell you that we are not able to assist you with your Pre paid account over this platform. We are able to help with troubleshooting issues but that would be it. You will need to call and talk to our Xfinity Pre paid department to get your refill on your account.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Your answer was at best a non-answer.  I understand that this platform may not directly relate the Xfinity Prepaid but I would hope that you Xfinity Employee would pass along a complaint or issue to the proper department or unit.  I stated that I've called Prepaid Customer Service/Support 4 time in my previous email and now another 3 or 4 times to no avail.  On each occasion, I'm told the matter will be escalated to management; it's now over two weeks and the issue has not been resolved.  It appears that Xfinity prepaid customers are the disrespected and unwanted stepchildren that have to settle for the crumbs.  I have one package that has been expired for about two weeks and another that will expire in about 2 days.  This is absolutely crazy that I can't get help with what I would think would be a easy problem to resolve. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

I can understand that you are frustrated. I wish we could do more here to help, however, calling them is going to be the best thing at this time. We have no way to help elevate that service here. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here