C

Friday, July 26th, 2024 3:27 AM

Poor Internet

We have been having issues with our service for awhile now, even after having a technician coming out. We have updated our modem, our service plan is 800mbps but we are only seeing 100mbps with 2mb upload. It has been rather difficult having no service with a plan that promises high speeds. Is there anything else we can do to improve our speeds? At this point we are about to switch services due to lack of internet. Speeds are super low to what we are paying for

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

The concern is not "E-mail" help related.................. Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

507 Messages

1 month ago

@Capoinde Our team can definitely understand how stressful and irritating it is to have issues with your internet connection. We all work from home on this end of the screen so we can completely relate to how it causes you to make arrangements that you didn't expect. Are you experiencing the speed issue on a wired and wireless connection? Did the technician mention anything for a follow up after the appointment by chance? 

3 Messages

We are both switching from both wired and wireless. Both having the same issues, there was no mention of a follow up from the technician. So would there be anything else that could be done?

Official Employee

• 

791 Messages

@Capoinde we can absolutely look into your internet speed concerns together. With the speeds you're reporting receiving earlier, was this test done during the time you were wirelessly connected? Have you already attempted to troubleshoot your connection using the Xfinity Support site?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Currently I have restarted our router, restarted the computer, changed the settings to reduce background apps, did the system check with Xfinity assistance, switched to wired, checked our internet with a testing site and xfinity. Unfortunately none are working to bring it up

Official Employee

• 

791 Messages

@Capoinde I appreciate those details on the steps you have taken so far. Let's take a closer look at things on our end, can you send me a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started? 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here