U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 12:13 AM

Please help!

Is there a way to email xfinity support?  The problem I have is listed below and it is a very specific problem that has not been fixed.  I’ve spent hours with chat support and just can’t seem to get anyone to understand my problem to identify and fix it, the tech support agents all think I have a connectivity issue and I do not.  Plus, I’m very tired of trying to fix this for hours and having tech support try to upsell me phones or products. I’ve gone the the restarting process (knowing it won’t work and support is following a protocol script) for hours and I just need it fixed and I think I need to find a way to contact someone senior in tech support so they understand my problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

This post is long, but I’m putting as much detail in as possible in the hopes someone can identify the issue so it can be resolved.  

A couple months ago my promotional pricing ran out so I called to sign up for another service contract.  I specifically requested to keep all my old equipment as it was working wonderfully, but they told me I could not do that and they needed to replace my gateway with a newer model.  My home setup is the gateway in bridge mode to a different wifi router.  When I got the new gateway, I activated it and got connected with no problems.

However, when connected now randomly (about 5-10% of the time) when I visit websites, I get a warning that "This Connection is Not Private" stating there is an invalid security certificate.  The security certificate goes to "susi.comcast.net" and when I override the warning and proceed to the site it is a redirect to a "Welcome to Xfinity" site telling you to download the app and activate internet.   The websites are where I get this error are random and sometimes it goes through, sometimes it does not. And it's not the same websites either, that is random too.  Many of the websites are standard secure sites that usually have no issues (i.e. Amazon had the redirect issue today).  This happens on all different devices connected including phones, ipads, android, and laptops.

The gateway is in bridge mode (I saw one post online about that maybe being an issue) however I have tried several times taking it in and out of bridge mode and still have the same issues either way.  

I’m very frustrated because so far all he tech support I have received consists of the scrip protocol of restarting and refreshing everything, which I have done at least a dozen times already and don’t want to go through that hour process again just because tech support hopes it will fix itself.  It does not.  Plus, tech support seems to always think it is a connectivity issue.  It is not, I am connected but just getting redirected to an activation page despite being fully activated.  What is really frustrating is may last gateway appeared to be the same style (just black, not white) and it worked flawlessly for the two years we had it, so I believe it has to be something in the gateway itself causing this redirect loop.

Working from home often I need this fixed quickly.

Thanks in advance.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here