U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2023 1:09 AM

Closed

planned outage 2/22

Hello,

I received an email today titled "Prepare for outages" saying that in the coming days, there will be some improvements made to the network in my neighborhood.  And as a result, I should expect some service outages.  It says work is expected to start on 2/22 but could change to to several factors like weather...

It says that the teams will try to limit the duration of the outages but I have some concerns/questions:

- What is the expectation in terms of how long it will take for this work to complete?  Will it be days, weeks, months?  I understand that dates can move and exact dates may not be possible to give but is there some kind of ballpark timeframe for this?  I work from home, so losing internet during the day/evening will be a big problem.  If it's one or two days I can deal with it but if this work will last weeks with intermittent outages, that's a real problem.

- Is there any plan to do the work during the overnight hours?

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums so we can find more details about the planned maintenance, @user_48c948! You can always visit xfinity.com/support/status or use the Xfinity app to view details about the maintenance and even troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the future. This usually contains all the information we have access to on our side. I'm happy to take a look and see if I can find anything else to share.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here