U

Thursday, August 1st, 2024 12:56 AM

Phone not unlocked prior to port to Verizon, phone has been payed off 3 months

I signed up for verizon wireless today and ported my xfinity mobile number.  The phone is payed off and I put in my eSim number into the verizon website and started the port process.  Xfinity gave me the PIN required to port my number as well.  Xfinity then canceled my account and I cannot connect to either Verizon or Xfinity mobile.  My phone still says Network Lock Status: Locked.  I interpret this as my phone will be unable to connect to verizon wireless.  I need someone from Xfinity to unlock my phone and likely give me a temporary number so that I can finally port my number to verizon.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Good evening @user_423sax, and thank you for taking the time to reach out on our Community Forum, we appreciate it! I see that you are running into some roadblocks trying to have your phone unlocked and ported over to Verizon, our team will be happy to help see to that this gets resolved. To confirm, have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Text Message: 888-936-4968

Phone: 888-936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

4 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ I cannot use my phone as I'm not connected to any network now.  I have been using free phone call apps to call Xfinity and Verizon.  I also went into the Verizon store for help.  They claim Xfinity is "releasing" my number at 3:30pm EDT tomorrow for some reason.  I need my number available immediately for work.  How will my phone get any "unlock" signal when Xfinity canceled my mobile account without unlocking my phone?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for confirming that information @user_423sax, we appreciate it. I definitely understand needing a working phone number as soon as possible. We'd be happy to get a ticket submitted to further assist with unlocking your device. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ I've sent a direct message to Xfinity Support, thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here