U

4 Messages

Saturday, June 1st, 2024 11:20 PM

Outlook from office 2019 no longer works on comcast email servers

Recently I had 2 comcast email accounts stop working on my Office 2019 outlook program. it continues to ask for password even though it is correct. I have tried multiple steps suggested in numerous articles and on this community to remedy the issue however it will not connect to the server. I can connect via the web and on my iPhone as well as the new outlook for windows (which does not have all the functionality i need.)

The last step I tried, as I knew it would probably be an issue, was to delete the account in office and try to readd. Same issue, it tells me connection to imap server was dropped. I have tried setting it up as pop3 with same results. I even reinstalled Microsoft office to no resolution. Comcast email and Office 2019 outlook just do not work together. I have troubleshot everything software side, this issue lies with the comcast server itself. I am able to add my account on other email software with no issues, it is just outlook and comcast that do not work together.

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

3 months ago

Found issue was only when i was connected to my home network, although home network was working fine for everything else, it apparently did not work for email. upon rebooting router, i noted that my ip address switched from an IPv4 to an IPv6 address and now email is working again without issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_rnqil3, I appreciate the details in your post and for sharing part of your weekend to work on your email issues. My email is super important, so I completely understand why you're reaching out. We're limited in the support we can provide with 3rd party email clients, but I'll do everything I can to get us going in the right direction. To confirm we're on the same page, you're able to view your emails through the Xfinity Connect website, and Outlook? You're only having issues on Outlook 2019? 

4 Messages

Correct, the issue only pertains to the full version of outlook that comes with office 2019 suite from what i can tell. it works on the free outlook provided by windows and iphone mail as well as through the xfinity website. It was working on Outlook 2019 until i had to change my password, at that point is was working intermittently. However it seemed to get worse and worse to the point it was unusable. now i am unable to readd any comcast.net email accounts as the connection to the server is dropped. verified all settings and port numbers are correct. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_rnqil3, Understood, thank you for the clarification and extra context. By chance, have you already reached out to Microsoft Outlook for possible troubleshooting steps? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I used their troubleshooting steps listed on their site was to perform a complete repair for the software which completely uninstalls and reinstalls Microsoft office 2019, including the outlook software. this was the only information i could find related to this issue. Using both Google search and Bing search i have performed all troubleshooting steps that seem even remotely related to this issue. I have seen multiple users state that this same issue occurred after they changed their password on their comcast account. unfortunately I have not seen a resolution that worked for any of them and they all the same troubleshooting steps.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_rnqil3, Gotcha, let's take a closer look and run through some troubleshooting steps together. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem.  I chatted with Comcast a week ago on another thread, and was told the engineers were working on it.  But yesterday the problem recurred.  I can send, but can't receive on Outlook 2019. I've reset my password, etc.

Sometimes when I turn third party access off and back on on the website, Outlook will download once.  Sometimes it won't.

All other functions work fine on my home network.  Xfinity mail continues to work fine on my ipad and iphone on the same network.  I switched to the building's Internet provider shortly before this problem started -- but still have Xfinity TV and phone service.

There's some kind of odd problem between Outlook 2019 and Xfinity email.  Can someone help solve this?

1 Message

@bammo​ 

Similar issues:

• Comcast email user for 10+ years.  Have been a legacy issue for 6 years having moved to a location where Comcast is not offered.
  • June 5, 2024 Comcast email configured as POP stopped loading into Windows 64 bit running 10 Outlook 2021PERSISTENT POPUP dialog box asking for Comcast credentials and indicating that the program could not connect with the Mail.comcast.net server and that my IP address was temporarily blacklisted
  • I continued to have access to my email account via the web and on my Samsung Android A525G phone.
  • Over the past 15 days I have done the following, none of which appeared to have resolved the issue:
    • Changed my account password several times.  
    • Removed and reinstalled Comcast email as IMAP. 15 - 20 times using internal Outlook Account function and Mail Option in Control Panel.  Persistent "failed to connect to server messages"
    • Virus scanned my computer with 3 different programs without no findings
    • Repaired Outlook 2021 five times using the local and online web tools
    • Started Outlook 2021 in Safe Mode
    • Turned on and off two factor id on my account
    • Checked and unchecked 3rd party email client option several times in email account
    • Removed and reinstalled Xfinity App
    • Turned off NoIP (dynamic DNS service) in Netgear modem/router settings
    • Attempted to connect with two VPN programs: Norton and Personal VPN (formerly Witopia)
    • Call my ISP (Spectrum) and requested that my IP address be changed.  Declined my request. 
    • Contacted Comcast support and escalated to human tech support and security. Comcast declined responsibility and referred me to Microsoft Hotline. Not productive.
  • On June 21, I took the following actions which did appear to solve the issue:
    • Repaired Outlook twice using the online tool (go to Program install/remove in Windows, select Microsoft Office, select change, select online repair)
    • Turned OFF two factor authentication on my Comcast account
    • Updated  the driver for my Intel Gigabit Network Adapter (downloaded from Intel website-Windows indicated that my driver was current when in fact it was not)
    • Connected PC to internet via Verizon wireless hotspot from Android phone.  Disabled ethernet adapter.
    • Added back Comcast email account into Outlook using pop.comcast.net. No popups requesting credentials. Flawless execution
    • Re-enabled ethernet adapter and discontinued wireless connection via hotspot to internet
  • Outlook and my Comcast email account now work as before.  So far so good. 
  • Unfortunately I am not sure which of these steps fixed the issue.  My intuition suggests that Comcast may have adjusted/upgraded security measure on its servers (which is good) but in doing so created incompatibility issues with legacy Outlook and other 3rd party email client users. 
  • I hope someone finds this useful.

UPDATE:  JULY 25 2024

It has been over 4 weeks and my Comcast Email/Outlook 2021 configuration continues to function flawlessly. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_58acfs, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@bammo​ This is happening again.  Outlook was working reliably for about 2 weeks, and the same problem has occurred.  Last time, I was told on another thread that Xfinity engineers were working on it.  Then it seemed to be fixed.  Now it's back.

(Last time, I cut the size of my file, deleted my Outlook account and reinstalled it, checked the ports, etc.  None of that worked, but Outlook just started working again one day.  And now it isn't.)

Is there a broader problem?  Is Xfinity working on it?  Why is this recurring?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Can you please confirm that you have tried using 'New Outlook', there should be a toggle where you can turn it on from inside Outlook. We have had many customers advise that once they started using the new version, they no longer had issues.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

I am using Outlook 2019.

I see no toggle in Outlook 2019.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here