U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 6:40 PM

Outage: Network Damgae

I have been experiencing an outage for approx 20 hours.  The status page says that they are working on an outage in my area, and it says that the cause of the outage is "Network Damage". However, I can find no comments, social posts, or any other chatter about an outage in my community.  I am unable to reach an agent on the support site.  Everything tells me to just sit and wait.  Is there someone I can contact for more information so that I can determine if the issue is actually being repaired, or if there is a problem with something on my property specifically?

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_pt4kys! I myself work from home and understand how important it is to know when your services will be restored. Getting your services back online is a top priority. When an interruption is occurring, our network teams immediately send a crew to the source of the issue and work around the clock until the repairs are completed. Updates will be available through the status center and the Xfinity app.

I see you have also sent us a direct message. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

3 Messages

I apologize, did not mean to violate any guidelines.  I am just trying to see if there is someone I can contact for more specifics about the outage in my area and not just a generic response.  Since I haven't heard anyone else in my area complaining about an outage, I am concerned that maybe there is something wrong on my property, and if so, I want to get that addressed immediately.  Is there a local office or dispatch center that I can contact in the service are for [Edited: personal information] to get more information?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

No worries @user_pt4kys, you have been without services for almost a full day and want to know when you can expect your services to come back online. I would also be worried and want to know if a technician is needed if those around me were not experiencing the same issue.

Could you please confirm your full name and full address in the direct message thread? We can certainly take a further look at the ticket for this interruption. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here