U

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 3:47 PM

Closed

Outage Maps do not work saying our home address is not an Xfinity customer even though we are.

The outage map now requires you to enter your complete address and will only show outages for Xfinity customers addresses.  When you type the address in, it pops up with a choice for the complete address, you select it and it then says:    Address not found, please enter an Xfinity service address

This happens to myself and neighbors.   So the outage map is pointless if it wont show data or find us.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

@user_z7wycc Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are sorry that you're having some trouble with the map, have you already tried clearing cookies and cache and then seeing if it's picking up your address correctly?

2 Messages

8 months ago

Yes this on every platform including mobile app  Also tried different browsers. Same behavior. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

Thank you for giving that a try and we are sorry it's not working. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

This happens to me all the time as well. Have had service at this address for 5 years now. Ridiculous

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_u0r3dt That can be frustrating, I know the site will try and populate your address once you start entering it make sure you are picking the address from the drop-down box that populates. I also use the Xfinity assistant to help with any interruption information. In the Xfinity app go to the account tab and tap the Chat bubble in the top right corner. Once in the chat, you can enter "outage" and it will let you know if there are any issues in the area. If not it will help you report one! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

Same issue here. The Outage Map is garbage, always has been. Service for several years, yet it still can't find the service address. This needs to be fixed on XFINITY'S END. I'm using my mobile tethering at this moment to have connection. Having customers send chat messages DOES NOT FIX THE OUTAGE MAP ADDRESS ISSUE.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_mcm4s9  Thank you for your feedback. Have you cleared your cache and cookies and retried?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

This has nothing to do with clearing cached and cookies if other users of other addresses has the same issue. I also got the same error on the outage map even though my address is clearly shown in the search drop-down. Something is clearly wrong with your website. Stop gaslighting us!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_arqbel, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page for help with the map not working. I am sorry to learn that about this experience. We can help. I did try it on my end and I was having the same issue, unfortunately. How long have you noticed the issue on our end?

3 Messages

This same issue is happening to me as well. An outage due to "severe weather" in my area was reported, despite the weather here being perfectly fine, and then when I go to the trusty outage map it says my address cannot be found even though I've been an Xfinity customer for years. Xfinity time and again continues to fail its customers. Beyond frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

user_xvpn5a We understand how this can be frustrating for our customers, but our repair team needs more time to get this resolved. The best way to stay up to date is through our Xfinity app as you can sign up to be notified once the interruption has been resolved. Any representative can only see the same updates you see from the app or website. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I'm having similar problems with the outage map. The latest on in the last couple of days has been very confusing though. Xfinity service was out at my house **618, my mom's house **571, and my doctor's office **608. (Those are zip codes) All three are in the same city, but no where near close in distance! Honestly it's a 30 to 45 minute drive between each. 

Also when I use the app sometimes it says no issues found, and gives me instructions on how to restart the modem and stuff.......although other times is says there are network issues found and the team is working to resolve the issue. 

A couple of problems with this....they recommend to use xfinity Hotspot. I actually drove to a few on that provided map and they either did not work, or would disconnect every few seconds. 

Also when the app says there IS a problem,  it asks if I want text updates and I obviously opt in....but they text me immediately and say "I don't know about that. Here are some support articles."

2 Messages

@user_c31ae2​ 

I won't lie though.....I've heard rumors that xfinity may be dealing with a data breach or some kind of ransom ware attack. I hope this isn't the case. AT&T and Verizon have been severely impacted by this type of thing recently,  and I really hope the issue gets resolved quickly and painlessly!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, user_c31ae2, and other readers on this thread. I hear you, your feedback is appreciated. Keeping customers informed about their account status is vital. Many self-service options can generate automated responses which may send some help articles. Our teams are constantly working to make improvements to products, services, and the customer experience and your feedback helps. Our team is also here and can help with account-specific concerns. For further assistance, please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here