U

Monday, October 14th, 2024 5:38 PM

Outage information

I am currently experiencing an outage caused by Hurricane Milton. Until Saturday, I was able to use xfinitywifi in order to get errands done and check on work emails. As of Saturday afternoon, however, xfinitywifi or Xfinity Hotspots are no longer working anywhere in the area I try to connect. I also have no idea when internet services will be restored at my home (Venice, FL) despite the fact that power was restored over 24 hours ago. If there is any indication of when service can be restored (especially as Comcast is currently claiming a restoration of service to 81% of customers who were cut off by the storm), please point me in that direction.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 days ago

Hello @user_yw9f7l, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. For more information on Xfinity’s response and restoration efforts, customers can visit the Florida Region’s blog here https://florida.comcast.com/2024/10/07/milton/

I'd be happy to check on your address to see if I can provide more information. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

4 days ago

All lies. I'm in Charlotte County in East Englewood and no internet.  The link you suggest says we are connected and it's not true

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_8qj04u I am really sorry you are experiencing a service interruption in your area. I understand how frustrating it is, and I am happy to look into more information regarding the ongoing service interruptions in your area.  Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here