H

5 Messages

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 3:39 PM

Outage in Houston and no one has come to fix

So we had bad storms last Thursday, 5/16. Since then, my lights have been restored, trees have been cleared, even my roof has been fixed. But hmmm, still no internet! I have not seen any xfinity technicians in the area working on our internet box that was damaged. This is quite concerning as the whole city has recovered quite a bit, but our internet has not been back. And I can't even get through to an agent to get an update. 

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

25 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

25 days ago

Hello @HtownUser777, thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. I hope besides the internet still being down that you and your family are doing okay after the Storm. I definitely understand your concern, and we truly apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. I can say that our crews continue to make repairs to our network as affected areas are declared safe and power is restored. Even if your home has power, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may not. We are working as quickly as we can to get your services back up and running. To help everyone stay connected, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots remain open to the public. Get more information here: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/.

In the meantime, we would be more than happy to see if we have any further information on your account/address. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

25 days ago

Thank you. While I appreciate the response, it would be great to get some sort of an ETA. My service area has had power restored since Saturday, the streets are drivable, trash pickup, mail, packages, everything is back. Just internet is not, so that's the concern. If there is a way to send a technician today, that would be great! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@HtownUser777

We can take a look to see if all the work required by our line technicians is clear and then schedule a tech for your residence, although I cannot promise it will be today. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you Thomas, that would be greatly appreciated! 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

You're welcome @HtownUser777

I look forward to receiving your direct message to get started. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

An Xfinity technician did indeed come by yesterday and helped revive the internet. My neighbors and I are sincerely grateful for the response! Thank you and have a great week.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

That's awesome news @HtownUser777

Thank you for keeping the community in the loop. We are glad your local tech team was able to get out there and restore service. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

1 Message

24 days ago

Hi @XfinityThomasC and @XfinityAmira , I am still without internet today in Houston’s 77003 area. However, my next door neighbor and across the street neighbor both have Xfinity and their service is working. Why is mine siloed out as a power outage?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know you are seeing neighbors come back online. Sometimes, even neighbors are connected through different lines are area equipment, user_nr25xo. We would be happy to check on this further. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

@XfinityRay​ I too have also been without internet since 5/16 here in Houston, Tx. I received a text message on Wednesday, 5/22 that our internet has been restored and it has not. We tried restarting our modem and it was still not working. I have tried to get a hold of someone but all I get is a machine saying there is an outage. I need the internet to work and complete school work so this is getting frustrating after more than a week without it. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_lc Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear your services have not been restored since the storms. We know how important it is to have working internet in the home. Our local team has been working hard to get all services in Texas that were impacted restored. We can take a look at your location, please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

20 days ago

I am also without internet in the 77015 area and have had power back on since Thursday. I need my wifi back and I need to know an eta on when it can be fixed. My phone won’t work at my house I’m not sure why and I need my computer for work. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Alyssar89 Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to contact us here. You can also check and sign up through the Xfinity app or online at https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

For outage updates, text OUT to 266278 (COMCST).

If you still are not able to view information through the steps above, feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here