U

Monday, October 7th, 2024 10:59 AM

Outage in Grovetown Ga

Since the hurricane Helene hit us in Georgia, Xfinity has lied to us numerous times. First y’all told us you working on the outage and no expected repair date. Then we were told October 3rd by 5:00 pm, on same day I was notified that my services were up and running at 2:39 pm. When I tried to reboot everything, NO service, I called and they said it would be resolved by 8:00 pm that night. 8:00 pm came and passed still no service. Called back and prerecording said by 5:00pm on the 5th of October. On October 5 th at 6:00 pm still no service and I was able to talk to technical support agent ( finally) and he ran a system check and said my modem ( which I own) was probably broken and he set up an appointment on Monday October 7th for me . Then on the 5th of October I get a message saying my appointment was canceled, no reason given in message, I call and the prerecording said there was an outage and y’all were going to get it resolved as quickly as they could. This time they showed on outage map it was about 2 miles from my house. So I drove over there were it was supposedly, no one or nothing, nobody even working in or around that road.  I drove the whole road twice that day on two separate occasions. Then on Sunday the 6th of October, I repeated the same thing on two separate times, No one working or no trucks of any kind (Xfinity trucks, vans) anywhere on that road. Now they have updated the resolve time to October 9th at 11:46 pm. This is totally ridiculous and unacceptable. Could someone follow up on this.

Donald

Edit: [Personal Information]

Official Employee

• 

829 Messages

11 days ago

Hey there, user_3d3hwl! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I am very sorry to hear about the experience with your services, and we do hope that you and your family are safe. Our Xfinity crews are working as quickly as possible to restore services alongside the electric company to bring services fully online for the entire area. You can keep the most up to date on the work being completed here and the area wide map here. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns, we are happy to help. 

1 Message

this is horrible. Xfinity now been out a week here in Grovetown and still being lied to on what day it will be fixed. Power has been restored last week. so can't blame that.  we need this resolved, I use the internet for work

2 Messages

Same. Truly a shame how many people are unable to work right now due to no internet.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi there, user_2q285m! I understand it is frustrating and stressful getting through this time. I work at home too and would be feeling the same way. Our teams continue to work around the clock to get everything up and running. I am glad that your power has been back on, so you are not without that! We must have commercial power to our area equipment as well in order to provide your service. The local teams will update the Xfinity app and our Status Center as soon as they are able to provide an estimate of when your service will be working once again. When there are a lot of moving parts, multiple ongoing repair jobs affecting your address, or times when we need local utilities involved, you will see the as soon as possible message. As things progress, that is updated with an estimated time. 
Our Comcast South page is also a great resource. The local teams are posting information about the restoration work in different areas and have estimated times for different areas of when most all customers will be online. On that same page, you can find out more information about our Xfinity WiFi Hotspots that are open for everyone to use and where our WiFi vans are located. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

user_gckftr thank you for using the Community Forum to reach out. I completely understand the frustration associated with service taking longer than anticipated to be restored. Please note that just because power may have become accessible again, it does not mean that service is able to be restored yet. Power companies can find a way to temporarily provide power while lines are still being repaired for a permanent solution. Once they are done with repairs, they will inform service companies that there is an all clear to go and complete their own repairs thereafter. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 days ago

@XfinityAdrienne @XfinityMarcus @XfinityRay  What is going on in Grovetown, GA? The main line bringing internet into our neighborhood has been down on a very highly traveled road since the storm. Driven over hundreds to thousands of times a day. No change since the storm. No Xfinity trucks or crew in sight. It’s Oct 14th now. What’s the plan? I’m off of Newmantown and Parham Roads in Liberty Hills Neighborhood. Feeling pretty forgotten out here. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_0juptc, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the line, and I'd be happy to check into this further for you. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here