U

Friday, October 4th, 2024 2:35 PM

Outage has been in affect since 9/3

There is a “nearby outage reported” that has been in effect for over a month. We have a half dozen internet drops a day, which is directly affecting my livelihood since I work from home. (“Get your internet figured out or we might need to find someone else to fill your position”). Connecting with an agent via chat is disallowed because of this “nearby outage” and the only way we can get someone on the phone is if we call as a new customer. We’ve had 2 tech visits scheduled but arbitrarily canceled with no explanation. We are paying full price for horrible internet, and even worse customer service. There are literally no other ISP options available. 

We are considering moving homes so I can continue to do my job, because no other help has been offered. I’m becoming convinced that the “nearby outage” exists only so no one has to actually help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

13 days ago

Hey there user_tb8ax2, I'd love to look into this more and help with finding a resolution. I can only imagine how upsetting this has been for you, especially since you rely on that connection to earn a living, but I'll do all I can to help. Since you mentioned you've scheduled tech visits, I'd like to review your account for any possible maintenance work from our network team, and those service interruption details. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here