U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 6:38 PM

Outage and offline

I live in Augusta Georgia and couple days ago we had hurricane helene. Our power finally came back on yesterday but now my xfinity stating a outage detected and my internet is offline right now I need help getting it back up and running.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

18 days ago

Hello, @user_b94448. Our hearts go out to those affected by Storm Helene, and we hope that you and your loved ones continue to be safe. 

• Getting our customers connected as quickly as possible is a top priority.
  • Flooding may be keeping the local power company, as well as our technicians, from entering the area.
    • The water must recede before anyone can enter the area to begin restoring power (and our network, if needed).
    • If power to your home has been restored, it may be that the Xfinity network serving their neighborhood does not have power, preventing your Xfinity services from working.
    • We do not have an estimate time to resolution at this time.
      • There are many factors affecting this situation over which we have no control.
      • For service updates, customers can sign up for text alerts using the Xfinity app or go at xfinity.com.

1 Message

[Edited: "Solicitation"] because Xfinity is not being honest with their customers.

(edited)

2 Messages

They are lying. Spectrum went out and at the sametime Xfinity went out. That tells me spectrum and Xfinity use the same lines 

2 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ [Edited: "Inflammatory"].i lost power Friday got it back Sunday and I got my internet back as well. Then on Tuesday my internet went out. It hapens to be the sametime spectrum went out. Coincidence, I think not. If so why can't you tell me why it went out? Where is the issue? Didn't spectrum lose everywhere from Charleston to Augusta. While at the same time Xfinity did as well. Are we paying more for the same internet? Your company continues to lie and be deceitful about the issues. Why? What are you hiding?

(edited)

1 Message

@bigwilly21_99​ yeah, I feel the same. Everytime I text outage they keep  putting it back a day or 2 days. I wonder what is really going on.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_2k6pqa, This is definitely not how we want you to feel. We offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you during these stressful times. Our teams are working diligently to restore services. Thanks for checking on updates. To help make checking on updates easier, here are all the options below. Please let me know if this helps.

• Using the Xfinity app.
  • Visiting the Status Center at xfinity.com/outage.
  • Calling us at 1-800-XFINITY.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

18 days ago

I am experiencing an outage due to the recent hurricane and it seems to me that this is going on for approximately 10 days now haven't seen a whole lot of rain and I can't imagine why it's still offline am I supposed to just sit back and wait for them to get this working again or is there something I supposed to be doing I'm not a technician I know very little about the internet any advice thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @user_qk172g, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team here on our forums, we appreciate your time and hope you are otherwise having a fantastic Tuesday so far! We are sorry to hear that you were effected by the storms and hope you and your loved ones were able to remain safe. I'm sorry to hear that you are still offline and understand how important it is to have working internet. Rest assured, our team is here to help how we can and would be happy to look into the interruption affecting your area further. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

11 Messages

Yes, I’m in Martinez and although the power is back, Xfinity is not back and I need it for my job and livelihood so I sure hope they get the Internet up and running. Wade plantation area.  

2 Messages

Same. Out in Grovetown. I can't work without the Internet. And the estimated times keep resetting. We have had no new information, and the Internet has been unusable since Sept27th.

Power is back on... Internet is still down.

Im essentially unemployed until it's back up. And it's really not a great time to say "hope it's a fantastic day", because it is very much not.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_qybn1f Thanks for reaching out. Services may be out in your area due to a number of reasons, including but not limited to weather, power interruptions or other outside factors. When a service loss is declared in an area, our teams are notified and will work as quickly and safely as possible to ensure everyone is back up and running. We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the Xfinity App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. This is where you would get the most up to date information including ETAs. This is the same information all representatives have as well. Credits are applied once the service loss in the area is cleared. Once fully resolved, there is a way to request a credit online, and we will check to see if you are eligible! Visit the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/credits/outage/details?client_id=helpandsupport&continue=https://www.xfinity.com/support/status&linkId=149261291. 

1 Message

18 days ago

I lost Xfinity around 9:30 10:00 Friday morning after things had definitely calmed down. The Sun was out in fact. I've had power the whole time except for about 35 minutes which was on Friday Also. The Neighborhood has power, there is no flooding and a lot of Savannah now has power. I have been out and about driving and I have yet to see one Comcast vehicle out! I did see where you could possibly get a refund on your account, which I attempted to do. I did notice after I clicked on that button that Comcast Xfinity is not responsible for the weather or power outages. Obviously they aren't going to lose any money if it takes a day or 10 days to correct the situation. I think they really do not care one way or the other! Whatever works for them the best is how they're going to deal with the situation!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_my63lu thank you for adding your experience since Friday to this thread. We do understand that the majority of service interruptions started after Helene had passed, and we are working as quickly as possible to get things back online. We see you used the Xfinity Status Center to request a credit, and that is a wonderful resource when area interruptions occur. We also have a dedicated state-to-state site you can use that may have additional information. 

Comcast Regional Information

@user_my63lu​ you get power and service provider lines are on the same poles right? Power takes priority. With how fast they are moving, it shouldn't be long 

1 Message

@XfinityAlfonso​ I would like a credit to my account for no service for 9+ days now. The link you sent goes to a non reposive page

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_r6eizc

I'll be happy to assist you with adding the credits for your services being down during the service interruption. Could you please send me a direct message

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Why arent credits being added proactively?  You

1 Message

17 days ago

When will WiFi be restored in Millen Georgia. I miss five days at work because of this, I work from home and the power been restored since Sunday dealing with the hurricane , I’m just waiting on the WiFi to come back on ! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

595 Messages

@user_qftizp We understand the impact a hurricane can have on our customers and the local areas it has affected. Our crews safety is top priority and when the electric lines, poles, and commercial power is restored can our crews then get to work on repairing the damage. We rent space on the local power companies utility poles and are at the mercy of their jobs. Be sure you're checking out our alerts page for our customers in our southern states affected by Helene for updates from our crews with boots on the ground. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

17 days ago

Some people on my neighborhood Ring said on the 4th the xfinity suppose to be restored. So I hope that true. 

3 Messages

17 days ago

I should have stayed with AT&T;they restored their services right after the power line's were fixed in my area. Xfinity just keeps blowing smoke up our [Edited: Language]. They keep changing the date and time when service will be restored. [Edited: Language]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_xko5x7 I agree because they keep changing the date and time when the service will be restored for the past couple of days and my power been restored. I’m starting to consider about switching to different internet provider at this point.  

(edited)

11 Messages

@user_xko5x7​ yes, AT&T is working shortly after power restored in Augusta suburbs, but not Xfinity and I don’t want to lose my job. I’m already losing lots of money, not able to do my job without Internet and no I can’t go in public because I do telemedicine and I need privacy. Come on Xfinity. I hope you restore it soon.

1 Message

16 days ago

As of today Thursday, Oct. 3, it is the 8th day my internet has been out. My area in Savannah has had power restored and no flooding or downed trees to impede xfinity from repairing, but they are no where in sight, nor are they able to give an estimate of when service will resume. Not acceptable. Obviously they are not able to deal effectively with emergency. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_vvwuun Please visit this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/statusmap to find out information on the interruption in your area.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_vvwuun​ I called xfinity technical support and only a automatic bot answer the call and claim it suppose to be on the 5th I don’t know how true that is. 

2 Messages

15 days ago

Is there any update to service being restored in Augusta, Ga 30906? 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Good evening, user_3493rc! Thank you for hanging in their while we get the repairs done and your service restored! The Xfinity app and our status center will show any update on an estimated time as the work gets close to completion for your address to come online. We send the information to you at the same time we get it as agents.

I checked the account that you logged into the Xfinity Forums with and am still seeing as soon as possible right now. Our Comcast South Page is providing some further updates on the restoration work. It also lists where our WiFi van is and goes over our Xfinity WiFi Hotspots that were unlocked in case you need to connect. The page shows we estimate full network restoration for Augusta, GA by October 19, 2024, if not earlier. (That would be 100% of customers in your area.)

11 Messages

@XfinityRay​ that’s really not soon enough for those of us who need to work from home 100% of the time using Internet all day long!

11 Messages

@user_ntbx9m​ can you please give me a closer estimate for my area [Edited: Personal Information] please thank you

(edited)

11 Messages

@user_can you please give me a closer estimate for my area [Edited: Personal Information], please thank you

(edited)

11 Messages

@XfinityRay​ I need a more precise estimate for my job please. I work from home doing telemedicine.[Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

1 Message

14 days ago

If you’re looking for a reliable service [Edited: "Solicitation"]. They’ve deceived & don’t even know if their service will be available again too the Eastern Georgia providence. They’ve giving false dates & time multiple times and continue to not say anything about their plans to fix or change our situation while we pay overpriced services that don’t work 7 days after the storm, in the Savannah area there’s no flooding & very few without lights.

“Once the area is safe, our teams will begin to repair the network to restore services”

is just another saying thank you for your $ but we don’t know & don’t care. 

(edited)

1 Message

14 days ago

Live in Savannah 31419 zip code. Havent had internet since sep 27th now. Xfinity says they’re working on it and they clearly aren’t. Havent seen a single xfinity truck in my area. They also put a est. restoration of oct 5th at 8:23. Then VERY conveniently on Oct 5th they change the est. restoration back to “as soon as possible.” [Edited inflammatory]. Fix the internet. 

(edited)

2 Messages

14 days ago

Can I get a more precise time frame for guyton Ga outage? This is absurd its taking this long. 

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

user_joec We know this has impacting several customers, but I would advise to look at the Xfinity app or online https://www.xfinity.com/support/status to see the updates in regards to the interruption. The timeframe provided is only an estimate, can change depending on the circumstances. I assure you that our repair team is working hard on getting this resolved.

2 Messages

14 days ago

I also need clarification, I live in beech island right outside of Augusta and I had internet after getting power for 2 days but lost it again 2 days ago. Why is it not back up yet? Why did it go down? Why does the time keep getting pushed farther and farther?

1 Message

I feel this in in beech Island to no Internet either from Xfinity 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums @user_1aJm40! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! While the lines may not be damaged in your immediate area, there could be lines and/or equipment in need of repair further up the line.

In some cases, a tree or large branch can fall on our lines or local power lines and not break the connection. This will cause signal or power to still be received until a member of our team or local utility company realizes a tree needs to be removed. When a tree needs to be removed, power will be cut off until the tree is fully removed. While the local power company may be able to isolate the brief power interruption to the immediate area the tree is located, it can still cause our network for the whole area to be offline depending on what piece of our network the maintenance impacts.

When trees have fallen over on our lines without breaking their connection, it can be difficult to identify each occurrence. Once identified, each occurrence will open separate tickets for each issue causing the estimate for the overall interruption to be pushed back.

Often times when an estimate is not available it is caused by a local power company needing to complete its repairs first or tree removal service needing to clear trees and branches before the power company can start their repairs. Once those repairs have been completed, our teams are able to resume their repairs on our network.

To stay updated on interruption status, we highly recommend routinely checking out our status center here. You can also check by signing in to our Xfinity app.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 days ago

I'm seeing a lot of [Edited: "Inflammatory"] that need a good wake up call. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Some people lost their house, car, loved ones, and you are crying over internet. I sincerely hope your internet doesn't come back on any time soon. 

(edited)

2 Messages

While all of that is true, did you stop to think that some people need it to run a business and make a living. 

2 Messages

Here is a truth bomb for you. There are a number of small businesses that could go under because they cannot open due to no power or internet. Many other businesses that are open are cash only, because of no internet. There are a ton of people who are unable to work from home right now, including myself, because of no internet. Richmond county schools are not opening until 10/16, due to no internet. What are those parents supposed to do for childcare when they need to start going back to work? I refuse to go stand in line somewhere, such as the YMCA, to use WiFi to work when there are others there in line needing food, water, shelter and a plug in to be able to charge their phone to call a loved one. Thus, I’m staying home so others with greater needs can get help and I am not able to work and having to use PTO so I don’t lose pay. I live paycheck to paycheck. I DEPEND ON MY INTERNET TO MAKE A LIVING. Like many, many others. I didn’t set the world up this way. This is how it has evolved that we are dependent on internet for almost everything. We are not brats, entitled or impatient by asking questions about when the internet will be restored. It’s a simple question. There has been NO communication from Xfinity about the status of the internet being restored. They cannot give a timeframe, but when that bill comes due, it’s going to be for the full balance. You obviously were curious about your internet being restored as well, otherwise, you wouldn’t even be on this forum making stupid comments such as the one you made. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@TruthBomb​ I’m in college and take my courses online and work from home. So I need internet to work and go to school, and yes I was one those people who lost love ones and valuables during this hurricane. You should think before commenting and judging others who are suffering right now because of a storm we didn’t asked for…

11 Messages

@TruthBomb​ you clearly haven’t thought this through very well. People need Internet for work to help others actually and many cases.

11 Messages

@TruthBomb​ and obviously, I need the Internet to make all my home repairs. My home was damaged and so was my property and trees and I don’t wanna get price gouge so I need to get quotes and use the Internet. You’re clueless.

1 Message

14 days ago

I live in Savannah and we haven’t had an internet signal for more than 5 minutes at a time since before Helene. It just comes and goes (mostly goes). I work from home so I called customer support to see what the issue is and the agent tried to sell me a two year satellite service. Poor form. 

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

user_91x76s We know the issue with Helene has been impacting many of our customers, and we hope you and your family are ok. Do you have access to our Xfinity app or online site https://www.xfinity.com/support/status to check if there is a service interruption? If there is, then our repair team will be working hard on getting this resolved. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 days ago

My power has been on for 5 days now and I’m missing work! I work from home. The neighborhood begging me has power and there’s no one to explain how I had a restore date of 10/4 and now it says in process. At this rate I’m hearing 10/16… who’s going to pay for my loss wages? I may have to find a location to work. This is ridiculous

11 Messages

Same and I actually can’t even find a location to work because of lack of patient privacy and I need my desktop with all my software on it and large screens to help patients

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_8d31bd! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! While the lines may not be damaged in your immediate area, there could be lines and/or network equipment in need of repair further up the line. When an estimate is not available it can be caused by a local power company needing to complete its repairs or a tree removal service needing to clear trees and/or large branches before the power company can start their repairs. Once those repairs have been completed, our teams are able to resume their repairs on our network.

We promise we have teams working around the clock trying to complete these network repairs as quickly and as safely as possible. To stay updated on interruption status, we highly recommend routinely checking out our status center here. You can also check by signing in to our Xfinity app.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here