M

Friday, October 11th, 2024 10:52 AM

Ongoing WiFi Issues Despite Troubleshooting | Security System Impacted

Dear Support Team,

I’ve been experiencing significant issues with my home WiFi, where download speeds spike to around 400 Mbps during your speed test but drop to 31 kbps shortly afterward. Despite extensive troubleshooting on my end, the problem persists. Here is a summary of everything I’ve done so far:

1. I have changed my network name (SSID) and password to ensure no unauthorized devices are connected.

2. I’ve restarted both the modem and the WiFi router multiple times.

3. I confirmed that no other devices are consuming excessive bandwidth during the testing process.

4. I checked for possible WiFi channel interference and switched to less congested channels.

5. I ensured that the router is centrally located in an unobstructed area for optimal signal strength.

6. I updated the router’s firmware to the latest version.

7. I reset network settings on the affected devices and reconnected using the new SSID and password.

8. I tested the connection via Ethernet, and the issue persists even when bypassing the WiFi network.

Please note that my home security system relies on a stable WiFi connection, and this ongoing issue is preventing us from monitoring and identifying trespassers who have been visiting our property recently. It is essential that this issue is resolved as soon as possible.

I’ve also attempted to contact your support team multiple times via chat/phone, but keep getting put in a loop with your AI with no solutions. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your prompt assistance.

Best regards

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 days ago

Good morning MisterJibbs! Thank you so much for reaching out on our Xfinity Forums for help with your home internet connections. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing these speed drops and connection issues. I can see how vital it is for you and your security system to have a reliable connection. You have taken the perfect steps to troubleshoot the connections and devices. Thank you for outlining all the work you have done and for testing this way. 

A couple other things I would want to ask or check is if there are any splitters connected on the coaxial cable line. Does the connection completely drop at all or does it just slow down? 
Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. We will help dig into this to figure out what's going wrong. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here