U

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 2:25 PM

One-Time Installation Fee $100 Charged Without Notice

Hi,

I transferred my account to a new address and the process was smooth on the website. Once I moved into my new apartment, I realized Comcast did not provide service to this new address. Technician came and installed the cable. Now, I'm charged $100 one-time installation fee. If Comcast does not provide service to the new address, I should be informed while transferring my account on the website about this fact and the potential charges I'll receive in the process so I can make an informed decision. Please take a look at this case and drop my one-time installation charge. Also, you need to stop charging your customers fees that they are not aware of.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

1 month ago

@user_q5kswn I appreciate your time in sending us a DM and I'm thrilled that we were able to get that charge taken care of for you. We appreciate your feedback and I hope you have a great day!

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

1 month ago

@user_q5kswn Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We appreciate your loyalty in bringing us with you to your new home, and I would be more than happy to review that charge. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here