U

Wednesday, October 9th, 2024 4:55 PM

Obsolete Cable box

I have made three appointments to have my cable box replaced because the old one no longer works due to system upgrades in my area.  All three appointments were canceled after I waited all day for the three hour appointment window.  I am near but not in the Augusta area and we were not affected badly by Helene.  Someone texted from xfinity saying I did not have a problem on my line (I guess they checked remotely).  But I can't get a live agent to explain that I still need the appointment to deliver and install the box.  I have had no service for going on three weeks now due to the upgrade and I can't get anyone to service my account.  The AI phone based customer service hangs up on me.  The online agent can't make an appointment because they are blocked from doing so.  I am paying full monthly fees for no service and can't get anyone to keep the appointments I've been able to make.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 days ago

Hello user_wxax89

Thank you so much for the post! The area is disaster recovery mode to ensure we get everyone back connected to services. We are working hard to mitigate the damage from Hurricane Helene. Our tech teams in the area work as one unit to provide first class support to our valued customers. I can assure you that getting things installed and setup is very important for us. Recovering from a natural disaster is never easy on all parties involved, I have many colleagues out there working around the clock, and please know we can investigate the best options to get these boxes upgraded. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

2 Messages

I just posted a comment regarding my cable box issue but I will repeat it here.  I received a letter from Xfinity stating that I would need a replacement cable box due to upgrades on the system in our area. This is a rural area with previously very outdated cable service.  The updates made my (very) old cable box unusable.  I called the number listed in the letter and scheduled an appointment to replace the box.  But no one showed up.  Then hurricane Helene hit.  My area was not badly affected.  Our power has been on for a week now and my internet service provider (not Xfinity) restored service within 24 hours.  That was over a week ago.  Since then I have scheduled two more appointments for xfinity to replace my cable box.  No one showed up.  I did however receive a text telling my there was no outage on my line.  But my problem is not with my cable line.  My problem is my cable box no longer works because Xfinity finally upgraded our old, outdated service.  I takes forever to schedule an appointment with Xfinity and to have three appointments made and cancelled without even contacting me to find out why I scheduled them is extremely frustrating.  I have been a loyal bill paying customer for decades and it is sad that I would be treated with such disregard.  I pay over $130 a month and have had no cable service whatsoever for the last two or more weeks.  If it weren't for the fact that I have a reliable internet service I would have no programming options.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here