E

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 7:11 PM

NOW Internet as an existing Xfinity internet and Xfinity mobile customer.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to move from my current plan down to the NOW internet plan.  I was told via the chat today that I needed to cancel my existing internet service and wait 90 days before I could start up a NOW internet account.  Is that true?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 days ago

EKTrunks Thank you so much for creating a post and asking about how to take advantage of our NOW internet plan. In order to take advantage of the NOW service option you would need to close out all of your current services except Xfinity mobile. So you do need to disconnect your current account. Once your account is disconnected you can place an order at Xfinity.com/NOW for your NOW internet services. The 90-day time frame is not required, and you can check out this page here for more information. NOW FAQ
[Edit:Grammar]

(edited)

2 Messages

What's the best way to make this change as seamless as possible?  Canceling one and immediately being able to start the other?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

EKTrunks Another great question you can set up your disconnect for a date in the future to allow time for your NOW order to be placed but yes, set up your disconnect and return your current equipment. Then you can visit Xfinit.com/now to place a new order for your NOW services making sure to pick a date that coincides with the disconnect to avoid being with services as much as possible. Please keep in mind you do need to use a new modem for the NOW services. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ 

EKTrunks Another great question you can set up your disconnect for a date in the future to allow time for your NOW order to be placed but yes, set up your disconnect and return your current equipment. Then you can visit Xfinity.com/now to place a new order for your NOW services making sure to pick a date that coincides with the disconnect to avoid being with services as much as possible. Please keep in mind you do need to use a new modem for the NOW services. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here