R

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 11:56 PM

Not so Professional Install

The install technician wouldn't run the line how I wanted, which was the interior wall & stated per company policy it was a liability. I know Spectrum technicians run wallfish no questions asked, but I told him it was fine as I didn't want to argue with the man. He left drywall/concrete dust behind, a minor issue. My main issue is he ran a temp drop from PED to the wall box and I noticed it was very short and knew the bury guy wouldn't be able to bury that drop properly, so I asked him about it. His response was "Oh that's a temp drop and the bury crew will replace it and put it in a new conduit" I should have known better but thought WOW! that's worth a $100 install fee charge.

Well, I came home today, and it was as I feared. No slack in the drop at all, it's not flush to the house wall to secure with split pipe so it doesn't get damaged by lawn care, a portion of the drop is running through my neighbor's property and spots are exposed as the line only buried less than an inch deep in spots and the tech didn't even bother to run the drop under the PED enclosure properly and is exposed and pinched between the cover. 

I'm obviously looking for my "Professional" Install fee of $100 waived. 

Official Employee

• 

981 Messages

10 days ago

RocknRolla_, Thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support. This is not the experience we want for our customers. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here