U

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 12:54 PM

No service after Helene

It has been almost a week without WiFi. I work from home and have been going to the library to get done what I can. Hurricane Helene hit last Friday. On the app it still says service will be restored “as soon as possible” once the area is deemed “safe”. I cannot reach a live agent. My area has been safe since the day of the storm. No one has even come out here to check on the area though the app still shows it’s “under investigation” 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

16 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

16 days ago

user_vdlb3x Storm related interruptions are updated as best we can through the Xfinity app and website. I would be happy to see if there is any information I can find for you, but normally whith this type of interruption I would have no more details towards a time of completion as those are put into the app as soon as we have one. Happy to check though if you like. 

1 Message

16 days ago

Same here.  I'm changing service.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_af1cqr - I hope you and your loved ones are safe after the storm. Our team is here to help in every way we can. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Same here! They've had plenty of time to fix what's wrong. Every time you check for service to be restored in your area nothing has changed except for the date and it keeps getting moved up. It's Saturday atm and then it will be Monday and then Tuesday........Take your monkeys 🐒 and move on to another 🎪 

2 Messages

14 days ago

No internet from 9/27/2024 until now (8 days and counting) with no clarity on when it could be expected. Also in these 8 days I haven’t seen any Xfinity truck doing any repair. 

after 8 days status in their app shows “under investigation”.  Laughable. Isn’t?

for those who read this message including the one who will reply: please put yourself in my situation. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here

still no response 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_8700e5. I appreciate you making us aware you're that your services haven't been restored via Forums. I would be more than happy to review your account to see what's going on

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

13 days ago

Dude this whole situation is a joke. My neighbors have their service but my house does not. I've been told 10 different stories from 4 different customer service reps, no updates, no calls. Just copy paste answers and no real support. To a point I have been suspended from my job because I cannot do my work without internet. All I get is "until the sever weather passes" it is under investigation. There has not been sever weather for 9 days now. I'm considering changing service at this point neighbor with at&t didn't even lose service during the storm. 

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_u0op4a We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I understand how vital a connection is, especially when you work from home. I'd love to look into this further with you. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
A "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

12 days ago

It's laughable at this point ever other company has restored service to their customers except Xfinity Comcast we are still left with no service ,date or real answers

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_0wfnp2! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! When an estimate is not available it can be caused by a local power company needing to complete its repairs or a tree removal service needing to clear trees and/or large branches before the power company can start their repairs. Once those repairs have been completed, our teams are able to resume their repairs on our network. 

We promise we have teams working around the clock trying to complete these network repairs as quickly and as safely as possible. To stay updated on interruption status, we highly recommend routinely checking out our status center here. You can also check by signing in to our Xfinity app.

2 Messages

12 days ago

yea no help even here from the forums, just got the copy paste answer again

1 Message

11 days ago

I have not had internet since September 27th and they are telling me Xfinity internet will not be restored until October 19th. I am hearing multiple stories about why the Internet is out in my area including flooding (did not happen), power outages (my power was on days ago), or damage to the "system". Other Internet company use the same system and are up.

I have hard conflicting information from different people working in this company on customer service calls. Get it together Xfinity! This is an excusable I cannot believe they are so far behind everyone else in the Internet industry on this.

No can do.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @user_bj27p4 I'm disheartened to hear your service has not been restored. Please allow us the opportunity to provide some updates on restoration. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:
1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

1 Message

11 days ago

I will be switching to another provider as soon as my contract is up this year! Very unhappy with Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_9au02j, We are sorry you feel this way. Our techs are working as quickly as possible to get services up and running. 

2 Messages

@user_9au02j​ I'm considering doing the same too got a text saying my service is back, only to see the box still flashing a yellow light like really do you guys get your kicks with messing with your customers not even you automated [Edited: "Language"] works.

(edited)

2 Messages

4 days ago

They just told me they'll have 90% back on by October 24th... What am I supposed to do with that? No information, the outage map has stopped updating at all... Just says "as soon as possible" now... Which means nothing.

This has been a nightmare. Maybe it's time to switch. I'm sure another company would have new install finished before Xfinity gets my current service back up.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here