U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 12:39 AM

No Internet

I have had a terrible experience trying to get internet installed in my apartment with Xfinity. Despite living in my new apartment (moved in on 6/22) for over two weeks, I still don't have internet. Initially, I thought activating my router/modem via the app would be straightforward, but the light kept flashing orange regardless of which coax cable I used.

Two technicians have visited, and both provided the same diagnosis: a disconnect between my apartment and the external cable, requiring a new line to be run. The first technician, who came on a Saturday (6/29), promised to call his supervisor and update me on when a crew could come to run the line. I never received any follow-up. This tech also performed unacceptable work while trying to find the coax connection within my apartment’s wall - meaning he went through a panel that was already cut out in a closet wall to find the cable but while taking the panel out he broke the drywall panel in half because the panel was screwed and nailed in place (which shouldn’t have been done in the first place) but then didn’t even say anything about breaking the panel. He also left a mess at each coax cable outlet - he took off each outlet covering on the wall but then left pieces of drywall and plaster on the floor and didn’t even put the coverings back on before he left.

Attempts to resolve this issue through Xfinity's customer service were equally frustrating. The automated system was unhelpful, and chat representatives seemed more interested in selling deals than addressing my problem. Visiting the local Xfinity store resulted in being told that nothing could be done due to an existing ticket, and I should wait for updates.

After finally reaching a live person over the phone (7/3), I managed to secure a second appointment on the Monday after the Fourth of July, requiring me to leave work early. The second technician repeated the same steps and diagnosis as the first, with no progress made. I was under the impression that the second technician would install the new line, but this was not the case.

Upon returning to the Xfinity store, the staff and manager were confused as to why the new line hadn't been installed. The manager mentioned the next available appointment was the following morning, or I would have to wait another 4-5 days. This means more missed work and uncertainty, as the technician may or may not need access to my apartment and might have to return on a different day to complete the job inside my apartment. I was also told that the crew/techs may or may not show up tomorrow morning which is a ridiculous thing to say after everything I’ve dealt with.

I am extremely disappointed with this service. It is highly unacceptable that after more than two weeks, I still do not have internet. If the line is not run during the next appointment, I will be canceling my service with Xfinity and requesting a refund. Unfortunately, switching to another provider is not an option since Spectrum does not service my area. This shows that I would rather be without internet than deal with Xfinity again.

Overall, my experience with Xfinity has been frustrating, time-consuming, and unproductive. I would not recommend their services based on my ordeal.

Official Employee

• 

378 Messages

13 days ago

Good afternoon @user_4v6utw, and thank you for taking the time to post your internet installation issues. We're very sorry to hear about all the issues you have experienced. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so we can further investigate the delays.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here