U

Sunday, October 13th, 2024 8:33 PM

No internet sine 9/27

No internet since Helene on 9/27. It is now 10/13. I am near a main road in Evans, Ga. The power lines have been repaired and debris has been removed for days! No xfinity techs in site. Anywhere in Evans! Except business vans. When will residential service be restored? I work from home and need internet service.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 days ago

Good afternoon @user_358z67, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums today, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that you were affected by Helene and as someone who works from home as well I understand how important it is to have working internet so I understand where your frustrations are coming from. Rest assured, our team is on your side and here to help as much as possible. We always want to keep our customers in the loop the best we can. 

You can keep an eye out for updates using our online status center https://www.xfinity.com/support/statusmap or via our easy and convenient XFINITY app. Our team will also be happy to see if there is any additional insight we can provide. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

1 Message

5 days ago

I agree! I also live in Evans GA and have seen Wow and AT&T trucks out but no XFinity trucks in our area. I’m friends with a few of my neighbors who all have AT&T and they have had internet since a week after Hurricane Helene and us Xfinity customers have been left in the dark with hardly any updates with no concrete restoration dates. The dates have changed over 5 times already for XFinity. I lost trust in XFinity. I will be switching to AT&T next week. Also XFinity lines are still lying on the ground in Evans GA area. I personally don’t like the way XFinity are handling the aftermath of this storm compared to other providers especially since XFinity is such a large provider. Poor satisfaction for sure. I’m switching to AT&T. At least their fiber optics are underground and they had their customers back up and running a week after the storm as soon as the power were restored 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here