Alamo_Bob's profile

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

Thursday, January 25th, 2024 9:08 PM

Closed

New recommended modem not achieving upload speed

In response to emails from xfinity, I upgraded my cable modem to the recommended Hitron CODA56. According to xfinity, I should be getting up to 200 Mbps upload speeds per my current Internet plan. But I am still seeing the same old 40 Mbps upload speed when I run a speed test.

Both upstream and downstream LEDs are blue, indicating successful channel bonding.

Is there something I need to do at my end or xfinity needs to do at their end to enable the faster upload speed?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 months ago

Comcast came through. I'm getting the high upload speeds as of today.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 months ago

Comcast has been nagging me for months about how one of these 5 modems or gateways would rock my upload world. I spent $140 on the CODA56 and see no upload speed increase.
Emphasis mine:

Faster internet speeds now available

Upgrade your internet equipment today!

Good news
You can now enjoy up to 5-10x faster upload speeds and smoother connections with your current Xfinity Internet package.

Easy next steps
Your internet equipment is unable to deliver these new speeds, but here’s a list of compatible devices to purchase:

• Hiltron Technologies CODA
Hiltron Technologies CODA56
• NETGEAR CM3000
• NETGEAR CBR750
• ARRIS SURFboard G54

(edited)

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

6 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

3 Messages

Exact same results as I just replaced a perfectly fine Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 to supposedly increase my upload speed which was supposed to work with my service.  No change to the ~40/41 Mbps upload.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_i3x88u! Could you please confirm the model number of your new modem?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Was a CODA56 like the OP.  Several restarts and it's working as expected.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Oh okay @user_i3x88u! I’m glad to hear it’s working after restarting the modem. On our end we’ve been finding most modems have just needed a provisioning or reset signal sent for them to update with the new upload speeds. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ Same problem.  Got email to increase upload speed.  Got hitron coda.  Not sure if xfinity has done all the needed provisioning. But my upload speed is still around 4 and download 100.  Should be 100 upload and 200 download.  Help would be appreciated.

3 Messages

6 months ago

Restarting the modem a few times seems to have forced some additional firmware to get applied and has since resolved the issue.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 months ago

I've been chatting with agents and it turns out Comcast is having trouble either finding or sending the right bootfile for my modem. They're working on it & I have a ticket number.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

6 months ago

I had to unmark the post that was marked as the solution. I have restarted my CODA56 many times without success. There seems to be trouble on the Comcast side. An agent told me

I noticed something that was off with the way the modem was listed on my end, and I think this would be the cause of the slower speeds. It looks like the bootfile we had for your modem doesn't show registered as one with next generation speeds, so this would essentially block the modem from getting the higher upload speeds. I attempted get that corrected on my side, but it wasn't successfully updating. Not to worry though, I have worked with one of our repair teams to help us get this corrected and they are working to get that updated for us! I don't have a timeline just yet on when that will be completed, but typically we see a turnaround time of 24-72 hours. A ticket was created on our end to be able to track this, so I will be keeping an eye on this for you to provide updates once available! 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same issue!  Upgraded to CODA56 and customer service is now telling me I do not have access to the 200MBPS service.  Spent all morning on the phone and chat with them!!!  I've received several emails telling me to upgrade my modem for 5-10x faster upload speeds!

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

@jmunzer Did they tell you your area (node) was not yet provisioned for next gen midsplit? I was told that my area has been provisioned. If yours has not, maybe find out when they expect to upgrade it.

4 Messages

6 months ago

Xfinity will come out.  Hopefully, that will do it.  Otherwise, need to return and try the coda 56.

Advance department (855 226 6408) was not able to help.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm glad to hear you were able to get an appointment scheduled for today, @westcoasterya. I would like to follow up with you through here after the tech visit to make sure we were able to take care of all of your concerns.

Would you please send me a private message with the details of your appointment so that I can set up a personal reminder? 

4 Messages

Can not seem to send you a private message.  Want to send one to me?

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

@westcoasterya , we are not able to initiate a private message on our end, unfortunately. The directions to send one to us again: Click the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Hopefully that will work for you. If not, please describe any errors or issues you run into here. Thanks!

4 Messages

Finally worked. 

Kudos to Xfinity for delivering. 

1) Had to had the tech come out to take old legacy filters / scramblers out of the cable 2) had to get a new modem (hitron coda) and 3) had to get new router (tplink ax1500)

Now getting 200 down and 100 up

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@westcoasterya  That is great news, thank you for the update. Please reach out if you need anything else! Our team is here to help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here