U

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 5:21 PM

New Gateway device will not connect to Internet.

I recently received my new Xfinity Gateway device, but after hours of trying I cannot get it to connect to the Internet. I cannot therefore activate my connection.

Very frustrating. The old Gateway device still works, so I know that the problem is not with the cabling. When I reconnect the old device, full internet connectivity is restored after 15-20 minutes.

Now suspect that the new device is faulty, can you send me a replacement please? The new item’s SN is [Edited: "Personal Information"].

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

4 months ago

@user_1chn0n, thank you for bringing your concerns to us. We are going to get to the bottom of what is happening with your new Gateway. Can you tell me what color the light is when you plug it in? Also, are you able to see the new gateway in your Xfinity app?

2 Messages

The light sequence is:

pink - briefly

orange -steady

orange - blinking

green - blinking

But then when I check in my iPad’s settings, I see that the Gateway has “no internet connection”. So that when I go to the Xfinity app, it tells me that it can’t start because there is no internet connection.

BTW have already tried resetting the Gateway but it made no difference.

A big part of my frustration is that I need access to the internet for advice on how to fix this, but when the new Gateway is plugged in I lose access to the internet. Something of a Catch 22.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_1chn0n I completely understand. Rest assured we'll be able to help you get this resolved. The light should be a solid white, so I would like to get a closer look at your account to assist you with activating your new equipment. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

@user_1chn0n @XfinityTony @XfinityBillie 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

1 Message

Same issue. Brave new xfi gateway. No internet at all. Blinking white light n with Xfinity chat 6 hours. No internet. But they tell me it's fixed

1 Message

1 month ago

The guys never circled back with thier fix info. Kind of bogus of them. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for the heads-up, @user_gehwfh and @EG! My apologies for not closing the loop on this.

Thank you for sending us a direct message, @user_1chn0n! We were able to determine the original modem was still set up as the primary account device, which was preventing the new modem from successfully activating. Once we removed the old modem from the account, we were able to activate the new modem without any issues.

Please feel free to create a new post if you ever need assistance with anything else. Our amazing community is always ready to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 month ago

@user_p4vdwa 

It's been a month... Do you still have the issue ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here