jarak01's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Dec 19, 2020 6:00 AM

New Cable Box - Old Interface

I got a new TV for my basement (this is the secondary TV on my account) that supports 4k, and my previous box (the XiD-P) didn't support 4k, so I called support and had them ship me a new one. I just received it (it's a PR150BNM box), and I'm not getting the X1 interface, DVR isn't working, I can't access saved TV from my other TV like I used to, and the remote looks older (no voice control, etc.). Is this the right box that I should have been sent?

Thank you!

Jeremy

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@jarak01 wrote:

I got a new TV for my basement (this is the secondary TV on my account) that supports 4k, and my previous box (the XiD-P) didn't support 4k, so I called support and had them ship me a new one. I just received it (it's a PR150BNM box), and I'm not getting the X1 interface, DVR isn't working, I can't access saved TV from my other TV like I used to, and the remote looks older (no voice control, etc.). Is this the right box that I should have been sent?

Thank you!

Jeremy

that won't work and is not 4k. do you have a nearby store?  the companion 4k box you will need reqquires that you are using  a rented xb3/6/7 type modem as the xi6 is wireless or ethernet connected to the rennted modem/gateway. else, you will need to add a DVR xg1v4 that connects via coax to get 4k.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks! Glad I'm not crazy. I do have a coax connection there and I have my own modem, so it looks like the DVR xg1v4 is what I need. Any way to get it sent to me so that I don't have to go into the store, or I am looking at a trip?

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@jarak01 wrote:

Thanks! Glad I'm not crazy. I do have a coax connection there and I have my own modem, so it looks like the DVR xg1v4 is what I need. Any way to get it sent to me so that I don't have to go into the store, or I am looking at a trip?

an employee may look in on this to place an order or you can call 800-Comcast. how did you get the other one? looks like they still owe you the right box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

@jarak01
It’s been escalated to an Official Employee to help you out, expect a response here

New to the Community?

Start Here