OldeFatGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 2:10 AM

Netflix, Peacock, AppleTV+

So, when I click on "My Account" it takes me to this page: https://www.xfinity.com/auth

And a very large banner appears saying we can get Netflix, Peacock, and AppleTV+ for $15 a month.  Just a little tea reading here leaves me guessing that our current free Netflix and Peacock (middle tier) goodies are going away since, you know, given that we get them free means that just purchasing AppleTV+ to add on would be cheaper than this deal ($9.99/month versus $15.00/month).  So, the only way this package is a deal is if we are no longer going to get Netflix and Peacock for free. 

So, is Comcast going to end our Netflix and Peacock for free current deal?

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

13 days ago

No replies.  Big shocker.  "Customer's always right" and "let's keep this upcoming change secret from customers" really don't go well together.  Gee, wonder why Comcast scores so low on customer satisfaction surveys????

All you need to do is say "Customers who currently receive our free Netflix and Peacock services free of charge will continue to do so" or, you know, if not, then say that.

No responses sounds a lot like you just not wanting to answer.

And for those that read this and thing:  "Gee, this is just a forum OldFatGuy, if you want an official response you should use other channels" then okay... WHAT OTHER CHANNELS???  I can't get a human on the phone.  I can't get a human on the chat.  The only way I've found to have human to human contact with Comcast is here.  And if this is NOT the place for official responses, then explain why this very forum is how I've gotten all of my official changes to my account done, including new work done just last week when they installed a new gateway in a new location.  That happened here.

IS COMCAST ENDING THE FREE NETFLIX AND PEACOCK FOR DIAMOND CUSTOMERS OR NOT?

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

Hello OldeFatGuy. Comcast announced Xfinity StreamSaver™, a streaming bundle of Peacock, Netflix and Apple TV+ for new and existing Xfinity Internet and TV customers.

With StreamSaver, customers can enjoy popular and award-winning TV shows and movies like Netflix’s Bridgerton and Atlas, Peacock’s Bel-Air and The Traitors, and The Morning Show and Slow Horses from Apple TV+. They will also have access to thousands of hours of live sports including MLB Friday Night Baseball from Apple TV+; NFL Football and WWE (starting in 2025) from Netflix; and NFL Football, Big Ten, Premier League, FIFA World Cup, Golf, WWE, NASCAR and every minute from the upcoming Paris 2024 Olympics from Peacock.

Current and new Xfinity Internet or TV customers can add Xfinity StreamSaver for an everyday price of $15 per month, with no annual contracts. Customers can also combine the bundled apps with NOW TV for one all-in-monthly price of $30. Together, the NOW StreamSaver bundles represents the best value in live TV and entertainment with access to programming from three of the most popular streaming apps alongside 40+ live TV channels including, AMC, A&E, Hallmark, History Channel, Lifetime, WEtv, plus over two dozen integrated FAST channels like AccuWeather, NBC News, TODAY All Day and Xumo Movies.

Here is a link with more information https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-introduces-peacock-netflix-and-apple-tv-streaming-bundle

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

So you post four paragraphs without answering the question.  Why am I not surprised.  Shall I ask again?

IS COMCAST ENDING THE FREE PEACOCK AND NETFLIX FOR DIAMOND CUSTOMERS OR ARE THEY NOT???  It's a yes or no question.  Why can't I get an answer?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

575 Messages

I do apologize for the frustrations, OldeFatGuy! As long as you remain enrolled in the Xfinity Rewards program at Platinum or Diamond you will have the Peacock Premium Free.  You can view all the details here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-premium-offers. I know you originally had mentioned Netflix, and if that is bundled within your bundled services, that would not be ending unless you go to a different package that does not include the Netflix.

The Stream Saver bundle is part of an additional savings that customers that are eligible can subscribe to take advantage of all those amazing streaming options. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

13 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

How is someone getting Netflix for free through xfinity?  I currently get peacock for free with my xfinity service.  I have my old netflix account from 2006…. So if i can get apple tv for free  (since i already pay 15.49 for account)…. Sounds like a deal.  But when does this offer expire?  I cannot find that in the small print yet!!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 days ago

On a related note, I have Netflix Premium.  The xFinity StreamSaver offers Netflix standard.  Is there an up charge option through xFinity StreamSaver to get Nextflix Premium?

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@user_3e0b88 Have you reached out to Netflix to manage your account or logged into your account on the website?

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

@user_3e0b88​ According to what's showing on my Netflix account (free from Xfinity) I can upgrade to Premium for $7.50 per month added to my Xfinity Bill which is the difference between their normal Standard rate ($15.49/month) and Premium ($22.99/month).  So I think the answer to your question must be yes.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Yes, you can upgrade your Netflix plan to a higher tier – you’ll just need to pay the difference. You can upgrade your Netflix plan anytime from your Netflix account by selecting Change Plan next to Plan Details.

Source: StreamSaver offers overview

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Can I get just the Netflix Standard no-ads plan on Xfinity, since not interested in a package with ads?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@stewartbloom712 Thank you for reaching out to my team so we can help you add Netflix to your account. You can check out these instructions to have your subscription added to your Xfinity bill. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here