U

19 Messages

Sunday, July 14th, 2024 3:06 AM

Neighbor’s tree knocked down cable line

Hi,

I’m a Houston customer without internet since Monday. Hurricane Beryl knocked a neighbor’s (a few lots over) tree down from their backyard into an alley, pulling down all the cable lines and blocking the alley. 

Will I need to wait until my neighbor removes the tree to get internet back? The tree is still there 6 days later. 

How does Xfinity handles situations like this (where a neighbor’s tree affects internet for other customers who can’t get rid of the tree themselves)?

I submitted a report about a downed cable but it didn’t give me an option to explain that it’s not on my property. Not sure how to handle the situation and would appreciate any info you can provide. 

Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_kli8pu! The tree would need to be removed before our repairs could be started. Do you know if this neighbor has already contacted someone to get the tree removed?

19 Messages

I do not know. I assume so since it is blocking the alleyway and ingress/egress for everyone on the block. 

Can I edit my downed line report to make it clear it’s not my tree and not my property? I do not want to be responsible for this situation, just wanted to alert your company. 

19 Messages

This is a bummer though that nothing can be done to fix my internet access and nobody will do anything about it (except for a private tree trimmer which I am not going to hire since it’s not my tree—I’m just an apartment renter a few lots away).

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

No need to worry about not specifying who the tree belongs to, the report helps alert our local teams where our services are offline. This is especially helpful with identifying lines that need to be repaired/replaced after headend network equipment that provides our services to the entire area has been repaired. 

Are there any of our Xfinity hotspots available in your area? We have opened all of our hotpots in the area to help keep you connected while waiting for repairs to be completed.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here