Y

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 10:38 PM

Need to report strange interaction with advanced tech support

Hello, 

I need to report a strange interaction with an advanced tech support agent who called around 4:54 Central from 1855-266-6408. 

Two previous agents had talked to me at 1:58 (incoming) and 4:46 p.m. (outgoing, I expected a call back and didn't get one) before this call came in, both told me there was an unplanned outage in the area and that they would call back around 4:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. respectively, when they expected it to end. They were going to help me troubleshoot ahead of a technician appointment.

This incoming call came in right after that, the agent told me there was no outage at all, told me to cycle the modem, yelled at me in an Indian language about it being the "first of the month and already getting customers like this" when I told him what the other agent said, and hung up when I said the network wasn't appearing. 

I'm extremely confused. I couldn't catch a name or ID, only the number and when he called me. I couldn't get him to answer any questions or why he said that to me. Is there a way to find out who that was and report them?

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here