U

Sunday, October 6th, 2024 3:13 PM

Need to close one account

I went to an Xfinity store to update my legal name. The associate who helped me decided it was easier to close the original account and opened a second one. I now have two accounts and am getting billed for the original account as well as the new one. I tried to unlink but cannot as automatic payments are turned on. Is there a way to close the original account? I have that number as well as the new one. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

13 days ago

Hello user_1kgbdt thank you so much for taking the time to reach us here on our Xfinity Forums. This does sound like a frustrating situation, and we're happy to assist in any way possible.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

13 days ago

It's been such a pleasure to talk with you and serve you, and I'm happy we could find answers to your questions about the name change, final billing, and next statement expectations.  Our team is available here anytime you need us. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here