U

Sunday, October 13th, 2024 9:41 PM

Need Help; no one will take ownership

I have contacted customer service five times and have not reached a resolution. Please help me. In August 2024 I noticed my Storm-Ready Device would not power on. The battery that powers it powers on and is plugged in to a surge protector. The other device plugged in to the surge protector were not been affected so I do not believe it was a power surge. The Device simply will not power on.

I first called Comcast on 8/22/24 and the representative told me I could simply go to a Comcast store and they would exchange it at no cost because I was under the one year warranty. That afternoon I drove to the store but the employee was frustrated and explained they can only swap out devices if it’s within 30 days of initial purchase and my process had to be completed via an online form. The store employee helped me fill out the online form for Storm-Ready Devices issues and she told me I would be contacted with next steps by email in 24-48 hours. I did not receive an email (and yes, I checked my spam).

On 8/27/24 I called Xfinity customer service again and this time they told me they opened a ticket and I would get a new Storm-Ready Device sent to me and I would then send the defective one back. I received a text the next day that my “case” was closed which I thought was odd. I never received a package.

On 9/16/24 and was on the phone explaining the situation for 1 hr, 19 min. I asked to speak to a senior advisor and he told me the representative from 8/27 was wrong and I needed to take the device to my local Xfinity store or UPS store. He said the Xfinity store would swap it. I reminded him I tried taking it to a store and they could not help me. He put me on hold to talk to “the engineering team” and he said he would personally escalate this for me. He told me not to take the device anywhere but he would call me in a couple days with next steps. The senior advisor never called me back.

On 9/26/24 I called Xfinity again and this time the customer service representative directed me to the online form for in-warranty swaps but warned that my device is now out of the one year period even though I was within the one-year when I first contacted Xfinity. He told me not to worry and when I completed the online form it said I would receive an email with next steps within 24-48 hours. I never received next steps.

I am so frustrated with this experience. I have had power outages and have not been able to use my Storm-Ready Device because no one can help me.

Timeline:

8/22/24 Xfinity Support (12 min)

8/22/24 In-Store Xfinity

8/27/24 Xfinity Support (39 min)

9/16/24 Xfinity Support (1 hr, 19 min)

9/26/24 Xfinity Support (29 min)

Please, please help me resolve this.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 days ago

Good afternoon @user_m98tb9, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums today, we appreciate it and hope you are otherwise having a wonderful weekend so far! We are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience trying to have your Storm Ready WiFi device replaced and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured, our team is on your side and is the right team to help resolve your concerns. We'd be happy to get your account pulled up to review further and take a look at any previous tickets that were submitted. Once we have reviewed the account history, we can help determine next best steps so that we can finally get this resolved for you once and for all as I can see you have already spent quite a bit of time on this! We value your time here and will do everything we can to make this situation right as efficiently as possible. 

To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here