J

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 1:43 AM

Closed

Need a replacement Wireless Gateway. Current one is making consistently loud fan noises all day.

I had bought a new plan and received the XB6 Wireless Gateway. A day after I set it up, it began making constant droning noises. I want a gateway that just doesn’t make noise. In terms of internet speed, everything seems to be fine. It’s just the noise that I don’t want.

I’m wondering how I could possibly get a replacement gateway for the one I currently have.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

791 Messages

7 months ago

@Js1133, thank you for reaching out, we are happy to assist you with your internet equipment concerns. Have you already attempted to swap out your equipment at a local store location?

4 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ Hello, I have not yet attempted to swap it out at a store. Is that the only way to get a replacement gateway or are there other ways?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Js1133 Swapping the equipment at your local Xfinity service center is the fastest way to do it. You can even use the link provided to set up an appointment to save time waiting in line :). I can also ship a modem to you, but it will take 3-5 days to arrive and you'll still need to take the old modem to an Xfinity location or UPS store to return it. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB I wouldn’t mind waiting 3-5 days for one to be shipped, and I’m fine with returning my current gateway. If it’s possible, then I would greatly appreciate it being shipped. I also have some questions regarding setting up the new gateway. Would it just be like setting up any gateway?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Js1133 Sounds good! Let's get one ordered and shipped to your home. When I order the modem, the device information will be registered to your account, but your current modem will continue being active, so you will not lose service. Once you receive the package, unplug the old modem, and plug in the new one (requires securing the coax cable and connecting power cable to power outlet), you can activate the modem through the Xfinity app. Your Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password will remain the same so all your wireless devices will automatically connect. Any devices that are hardwired to the old modem will need to be hardwired to the new modem. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Ok, I sent the message.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

7 months ago

The problem in my area is that you have to drive 20 to 25 miles to the nearest Xfinity Store where I live. I live in Buckley WA. Xfinity needs to a new store in Bonney Lake to serve people in my area. It’s frustrating to have to drive 35 minutes away!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here