U

Monday, July 15th, 2024 11:17 PM

My experience with Xfinity

I will never, EVER recommend this company to ANYONE.
Let me tell you about OUR experience with Xfinity over the 3 years we were forced to have them as our provider.....
When we first moved to VA from Alaska, we had no choice but to go with Xfinity. There was no one else.  They told us that they are mailing our equipment over, even though I told them the house we were in was abandoned for 20+ years, and there was no service or signal here.  They also said that if I was (essentially) too 'stupid' to plug in the modem, and a tech had to come out, they would charge me $100. BUT, if there was no signal to the house, and a tech HAD to come out and hook the HOUSE up, then my install would be free....
Equipment came, including some streaming box for the TV that I told them I did not want.  We hooked up the modem, and surprise surprise, no signal.
Each time we had to call them, we had to drive almost 2 miles down the road, because there was no signal at the home. So, called, and they scheduled a Tech to come out.  Again, telling us if it was something we could do, we would be charged, but, if the internet had to be hooked up outside, then instal would be free.   Tech came out, and no signal at the house.  He had to go across the street, and hook up the internet on the telephone pole.
Internet was working on and off.  Got our first bill, and they charged us $100.  I called a number of times wanting the charge removed, but nope.  So, apparently, I was expected to climb the telephone pole myself?  Do I look like a Squirrel to you???
Next we had to switch our phones, because AT&T had no signal out here in the sticks.  So, we called, and they sent us phones and sim cards.  Phones would NOT allow us to make calls via Wifi.  This was VERY important, as we do not have cell signal here.
So, we drove down the street, called them, and they instructed me to drive to Bluefield, to visit their store, and told me someone would help me there.  I got in my car, with NOT Air conditioning, in 97 degree heat, and drive 2 hours to Bluefield.  When I got there, the store I was instructed to go to has been CLOSED for OVER A YEAR!!!  I was LIVID.  I Called again, and they told me to drive to ANOTHER store, this time, 3 hours away.  So again, I drove, in the heat, with no AC.  And when I got there, the store did not deal with phones!  Only Internet and cable.  So they could not help me either.  At this point I am BEYOND livid.   That day I spent over 11 hours on the road.!!!  In nearly 100 degrees!
Next day my husband and I drove 2+ hours to a different store.  Only to be told that it was our modem, and not the phones that were having an issue.  I tried explaining that no, modem is fine, it's the phones.  He forced us to take a new modem, and go home.  We swapped the modem, and guess what.  Not the modem.  So we drive again.  This time they swap our phones, for others that are supposed to be free with a 2 year contract.
We come home, and the new modem they gave us is now not working.  So here we go again, having to call.  A Tech comes out, and fixes the problem.  I give him the TV streaming box, because again, we did not need it.
Everything is OK for a while, except the internet slowing down to a crawl almost daily for a long time, and having outages at least once a week for an hour, 2, or more.
Almost a year later, I realized that they have been charging us for the phones that were supposed to be FREE.  So, I call.  They tell me they are going to fix my account and apply credits for the overcharges.  A week passes, I call.  Not done. I am told it has been taken care of this time.  Another week. Then 2.  Nothing was done.  I call again. Same thing. "We fixed it this time". Then again.  Finally I had to escalate the issue and talk to a manager, and got almost $600 in credits on my account, which I had to get ugly to get.  Each time I call, I have to wait for what seems like FOREVER.  And it takes multiple attempts to get a LIVE HUMAN on the line!
I can not even tell you how many days of work I missed because of the outages.  Last time it went out it was out for 16 HOURS.
Then, a month ago we swapped to a different provider. I call ahead and tell them that I am switching, and they start offering me discounts, Cutting my bill by more than 50%.  Really?  I am at a point that even if they offered it for FREE, I would not take it.  So no, I am switching.
They tell me to return my equipment.  I said I will mail it.  They said ok, and showed me how to get a label printed.  I check my account, and the TV streaming box that I gave the tech 2 years prior is STILL on my account!
I spent hours on the phone, and on chat, trying to get my service disconnected.
It took me 4 calls, and I can't even tell you how many transfers, and how many hours on hold, as no one seemed to be able to do their damn job correctly!
I was told 3 times that the tv streaming box would be removed off my account. It is still there, along with the modem that they received over 3 weeks ago!
Today I got a notice that they are increasing out cell phone bill by $75 a month.
HELL NO.  I am done.  I am BEYOND done.!!!
Now we are switching out phone lines, which I am sure they are going to screw up too!
I want xfinity OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!  FOR GOOD.!!!

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

3 months ago

user_vn5vjf thank you for taking the time to reach out and inform us of your most recent encounter. I can understand how frustrating it would be to go through this situation and experiencing such miscommunication. Some of the things you referenced lined up with other issues occurring, and I would be happy to explain some of that for you. I know that transparency is a big deal, and it seems as if we may have dropped the ball in that regard given the details you have laid out.

5 Messages

Dropping the ball would be an understatment.  I worked for a Telecommunications company for 10 years in the past, and never, EVER did I encounter anything this bad.  I never even imagined that it was possible for a customer to experience so many issues.  Honestly.  And what I listed there is not even all of it.   It took another 2 calls and 2 chats to get the TV box removed from our account, and the Rep I spoke with told me that the box was already on someone elses account, and has been there for a while!   As expected, the porting of the phones was a problem as well with not wanting to release our phone numbers (which were not Xfinitys in the first place as we brought them down to Alaska), but I am not going to get into that.  I got an eMail that I am owed $140++ for the internet, since I always pay ahead, and they gave me a link to go to to tell them how I want it back, and when I click on it and enter my information, it says it does not know who I am.....  What a SHOCK!  Am I surprised?  No.  What would surprise me is if they actually sent me my refund like ANY OTHER COMPANY.!!!   So, now I am going to be spending half my day off on the phone with Xfinity......   Again......   WHEN will this be over and I can erase this company out of our life?     The MOMENT the other company's Representative knocked on my door, and said he is with a new Internet Provider, I told him to switch me.  Literally did not care who they were.  Anything was better than what I had!  DIAL-UP would have been better!   That is how bad it was!  And I have had NO interruptions in service since I switched.  Not ONCE did my internet go out.  I am paying less than half of what I was for BOTH my internet AND our cell phones, and I am getting MUCH faster speeds with unlimited data, as well as MUCH better phone service with people who actually do what they say they are going to do. 

I am a HAPPY clam!   Just need to finish getting RID of Xfinity once and for all!   

On another note, Xfinity not only lost ME as a customer for both Internet and Mobile services, but my mother who lives across the street, and about 6 of my neighbors.....

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_vn5vjf I'm sincerely sorry to hear about all of this. And we sincerely appreciate your feedback on this matter. We'll pass it along to our management team. Did you get the credit issue sorted out? Or is there anything else you still need assistance with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Nope.  I did not get it sorted out.  I have to call in on my day off since it wil take an hour or 2, or longer, like it normally does.  And I do not have time for that right now.  It will have to wait til Wednesday or Thursday (my days off), and then I am going to have to call a week after, since I KNOW it will not be done the first time.  And probably a week after that as well, and a week after....

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_vn5vjf I'm sorry about that. We can help sort the situation here! Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue. 

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Update:  Surprise Surprise.   ***sigh***   They couldn't even get my cancellation right.  Even at the end.....  I specified a number of times that I wanted a check mailed to me, and they sent me a Visa Card.  Like, Seriously?   But....  That is OK.  I removed my OWN card (to make SURE they will not charge me again!), and entered the info on the one they sent me, to pay my last Cell phone bill (thanks for JACKING the price up by WELL over $100 by the way!  WTF???).   There will be over $20+ left on that card, but whatever. I don't even care!  I threw it away.  Not going to bother with it.  Trying to get that last bit of money is NOT worth the stress!   I am SO glad that I never EVER have to deal with Xfinity again.!!!  I am BEYOND happy to have this company out of my life for good!   I am sure the employees are lovely people, but they either lack competency, and the company as a whole REALLY needs to look into hiring brighter people, OR, REALLY needs to step up their training, OR, needs to invest in a better system to take care of their customers!  Or all of the above!  Regardless, the competency and reliability of getting anything done CORRECTLY on the first 3 tries, is not just unreliable, but unbelievable!   I have been with our new Provider 3 months now, and not ONCE did our service cut out.  Never ONCE did I miss work because I had no service.  And when I call them, I get to speak to a LIVE Person who actually speaks FLUENT ENGLISH, and KNOWS what they're doing and addresses the Issue IMMEDIATELY!!!!!   Though admittedly, the only issue we had was having to change a visa we had our autopay on).  I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING the reliability!!!  So does my mom across the street, and the (now) 9 neighbors that I talked into switching over.  And who, from their own experiences, are now encoraging others to switch too!   And why not?  BETTER, FASTER, more RELIABLE service, for, literally, HALF the price!  :) Yes please!   My Cell phone dropped to $60 for 3 lines instead of $175!    I also have UNLIMITED talk, text, and Data.   My Internet went from $140+, to $55 a month, and I have MUCH faster speed with the same upload/download, unlimited data, and UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE.!!!!  Again, YES PLEASE!!!!

I wish this company the same level of success and happiness that I had when I was serviced by them!

Goodbye FOREVER Xfinity!!!  :)  <3

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here