ralphj43's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2024 12:34 PM

modems account

the modem i have on my account is net gear 1150v my question is can i keep that modem on my account for my land line and buy i new modem just for internet use

because we had a network enhancement so i can get the new speeds thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

i was wondering if i purchased the net gear 2050v modem do you think when Comcast goes to dosis 4.0 that net gear  modem will be capable of doing that?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

@ralphj43 👋 Hi there and good morning! Great question, and thank you for reaching out to us for help on our Xfinity Forums! The simple answer, yes, you can add a second modem to the account. The netgear would be for your home voice service only and the new modem would be for internet services only. It's not common that I see this request come up, but you should also be able to activate the new modem in the Xfinity app. I would not be surprised if that caused a hiccup with your phone service, so please when you are ready to make that swap reach out to us here, so we can make sure the transition goes as smoothly as possible! 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

i had one more question is their a monthly fee for having another modem on the account (it will be a customer owned modem)

Thanks in advance

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Another good question, @ralphj43! We do not charge for customer owned modems at this time. Also, please refrain from posting any personally identifiable information such as your full name when using our forums as it is considered a public platform, and we want to protect your account details! Thanks for reaching out. Let us know what other questions you have, and our Digital Care Team remains here to help however we can!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@ralphj43 

FWIW. Also, bear in mind that the signal strength has to be adequate to allow for the losses involved with splitting the coax line for another modem. Good luck ! 

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@EG​ i was wondering if i purchased the net gear 2050v modem do you think when Comcast goes to dosis 4.0 that net gear  modem will be capable of doing that

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Great question ralphj43! We keep our authorized and approved devices list updated in real time. As something comes approved it would pop right into the list, unfortunately, we do not have updates on the when side of the question. But I included a link here below to our authorized devices' section of our website. You can easily monitor this to keep an eye for when that specific unit comes up approved. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/devices/#unauth

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

i was wondering if i purchased the net gear 2050v modem do you think when Comcast goes to dosis 4.0 that net gear  modem will be capable of doing that?

Thanks in advance

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled netgear 2050v

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@ralphj43  The Docsis version 4.0 hasn't been updated to our system to be able to determine what modems will be compatible with this new service type. You're more than welcome to use the link my colleague shared periodically after we announce that Docsis 4.0 will be available in your area. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here